Help??? (connector problems)

PjsBird

AHHHHH HELP!!!! lol

Ok, so i am having some troubles with a connector under the passenger side of the dash. all the wires had come out of the connector, and i had to put them back in. now, prior ro this happening, car ran great. now, i get a check engine light and the cooling fan comes on.

this is the connector
HPIM0504.jpg

If somebody knows what wires go to where, I would greatly appreciate it...

The car is an 89 auto SC

Last edited:
I would look for this junction out of another SC the same year and options as yours, then get both connectors with as much wire as you can cut, Then when you splice it in you can go color for color on each end regardless of where they go on the plug and know you have it right. As far as what they do, I have no clue. sorry. :)

Eec

They are for the EEC, which is the problem...

does anyone have a similar car to look at? to see which wire goes to which. im desperate...

What year is your SC? if you think the plug is the same for a 94, if its not too hard to get to, i'd be glad to snap a few pictures for ya.

let me know
-Nick

I have that connector on my parts car....

It was a 5 speed, but I don't think that matters.....

Let me know if you want it.....

can you let me know which wire goes to which? the xr7 and tbird harnesses should be the same. any pics would also help.

-thank you

Preston.. You have a PM on that OTHER site :p

anyways.. That connector (blue) is Connector C214 in my '91 manual (is it that in '89/90??? )

In the EEC section of my EVTM for a 1991 SC :) l

Red to Red : comes from the EEC relay (ICM) and goes to the Fuel pump relay (postitive coil side).

Tan / Light Green to Tan / Light green : From EEC to (to self test connector) to Fuel pump Relay (Negitive coil side)

Pink / Black to Pink / Black : Fuel pump Sense. from switched side of fuel pump relay to EEC

Red / light blue to Red / light blue : NDS (neutral drive switch). From `start' circuit to the EEC

I'm still working on tracking down the others.. But between other things and such.. i haven't had time.. I think the Yellow on is constant power for the EEC?? not 100% shure... (it's not shown in my EVTM )

Also still do not understand yet why we couldn't get the code read to work.. But i have an idea i like you to try..

try this and see if it does something

kev

Hey kevin, what am i looking for when i do that little test?

It was getting power, but it was only like .9V DC.

PjsBird said:
91 harnesses are diffeent. i need one from a 89 or 90

Ahh Yes.. so true.. BUT Ford in all their Wisdom did something right, and basiclly left most wires the same colors for the same functions for many a year :)

Also C228 May be an issue too (it's anotehr that has things to do with the EEC, ect

also two other wires on C214 deal witht he Auto matic climate control And i have to say the one thing i'm concerned about is the bare (ish) wire that was part of the connector (chassis side) i do not remember ever seeing that on any car i've or help take a dash out of :confused:

Also on the test if you just short out the two pins/plugs with a piece of wire (disregard the Volt meter/test light) it SHOULD get the EEC go into the self test mode..

And it'll be the Grey with Red tracer and White with Pink tracer that you need to connect with a piece of wire.. IF that doesn't make it go into the test mode You may have an issue with the Grey with red tracer wire (i would think)
Against what MANY would say.. Grey with red tracer is basiclly a ground (VIA the EEC) SO you could also try to ground one end of that piece of wire and then install the other end into the white with pink tracer wire and see if it gets it to do the self test...

Also as always.. turn teh key to the `run' position then place the piece of wire into the white with pink tracer wire.. Also you'll know it'll kick in when the COoling fan turns on and off through both speeds, Fuel pump turns on and off, and if you ahve an idiot lght hooked up (like in the abouve link) it and/or the `check engine' light will blink..

Also about the `other' issue.. IE HVAC..

if you still have the other controller.. i would take it, open up the glove box, and unplug the vacuum connector that's there.. and plug in your spare...

Start the car.. turn the heater on VIA the one mounted to the dash, then try going through all the different poisitons VIA teh spare and see if that makes it work..

Also one of the vacuum motors, are on top ?? of the HVAC box so.. maybe something ended up resting on it, cuasing it not to work??

kev

hey kevin, could you come by tommorow and help me out????

I'll be fixing up my new SC and working on mine. I could use a hand...

Back