spurts of spark knock

7birdslater

I got to really run my bird for the first time since I bought it today. Drove it on a 30 mile trip back from the shop I used to install my trans. It runs awesome. After I got it warmed up and put some fresh 93 octane in it, I got on the freeway and gave it h3ll. It showed 10 pounds of boost and took off, ahh the joys of an SC. At about 3500rpm and under boost, I got about a second of spark knock that went instantly away. It only did this one more time, again under boost while taking off but this time at only 2500 rpm. Could bad gas be causing this in spurts? Thanks!!

Remove Batt, then.....................

7birdslater said:
put some fresh 93 octane in it, I got on the freeway and gave it h3ll. It showed 10 pounds of boost and took off. At about 3500rpm and under boost, I got about a second of spark knock that went instantly away. It only did this one more time, again under boost while taking off but this time at only 2500 rpm. Could bad gas be causing this in spurts?
Since you just bought it, I'd guess the "episodes" were caused by Bad Gas VS. what the computer learned Before the bad gas.

Take the + BATT cable off for a night. Then put the cable back on, & Drive The Hell Outa It!!!!!!!!!! The computer will re-learn!!!

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:
Since you just bought it, I'd guess the "episodes" were caused by Bad Gas VS. what the computer learned Before the bad gas.

Take the + BATT cable off for a night. Then put the cable back on, & Drive The Hell Outa It!!!!!!!!!! The computer will re-learn!!!

68COUGAR

Hey 68,

Why 'drive the hell outa it'?
does that make a difference in the way it runs?
Since my hg swap, my car has been very slowly improving with regard to the way it runs...

paul

Teachin' the computer new tricks

thirdbird said:
Why 'drive the hell outa it'?
does that make a difference in the way it runs?
Since my hg swap, my car has been very slowly improving with regard to the way it runs...paul
Taking the "+" Batt. cable off, dumps the memory in the computer. If you then drive it like your granny, that's what the computer will re-learn. If you drive it like a Muscle-Car, then that's what the computer will re-learn. The computer is always re-learning. The fact that your car is slowly getting better, indicates that it's "getting used to" the good gas again.

68COUGAR

Back