Ron...some comments/questions about the website.

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
Ron,

I know you have a full time job and a life outside of SCCoA, so please don't take my comments as being negative or as an attack on the job your doing.

But..what the heck is going on ?? It seems that for the past 6 months things have gotten unusually slow as far as getting stuff like timeslips, dyno sheets and member page pictures updated.

Is there something that can be done with the software to allow people to post their own member page pictures or timeslips ? If that's not possible, will you accept help with those duties ?

Respectfully, David

Most sites with profiles let you upload pics yourself. How about we do our own (if it's within the scope of the software of course) and we self-police?

Should take a load off Ron.

i agree with david,ive been trying to get updated pics posted for about 6 months.i've sent pics a couple of times since and still no post.if you need help i'm sure that their's many willing to help.we're all proud of our cars and want to show everyone.

Same here,I sent pictures and a timeslip about 3 moths ago . If you're too busy let us post pictures in member page by ourself.
Thanks,
Derek

i think it's time for this site to expand the amount of people it has running it.everything seems to be falling way behind for unknown reasons.i hope that everyone is fine but things really need to be caught up.someone in command of this site needs to respond instead of no response.

I can see that Ron has not been on the boards for a while and I also know that his new job duties sometimes take him out of the the country. We are trying to reach him and will post as soon as we have some actual information.

I have an idea maybe we can set something up where we have 2 or 3 members that could give approval of time slips, dyno numbers and Pics. this way we make sure the numbers are real and the pics kept to something thats auto related.
Just an idea I'm willing to help.

nickleman60 said:
i think it's time for this site to expand the amount of people it has running it.everything seems to be falling way behind for unknown reasons.i hope that everyone is fine but things really need to be caught up.someone in command of this site needs to respond instead of no response.

I totally agree. I would be more than happy to help with some of the stuff that happens around here. I do have quite a bit of time on my hands when im waiting on another turn-around to start. We have a total of 3 people running this site, (to my knowledge) and only 2 of them is around here most of the time. I would be willing to help out as much as i possibly could.....

Derek

I am a web systems engineer and web admin professionally. I would be more than happy to participate in the administration of this site. I have plenty of free time.
Eric

David Neibert said:
Thanks for the response George.

David
Yes, indeed. And since every web site type guy here is volunteering to help run the place, let me just say that I probably can't do that. But, if you need any help pushing paper or on anything administrative that would free up your time or lighten the workload, give me a shout.

Ira

i was wondering the same thing since i submitted new pictures of my car and nothing. really these are simple task that people have been requesting. it really shouldnt take 1 holy person to make these things happen. Ive seen more stuff happening at a free forum than here and this is the number one spot in America for Super coupes it should act like it. this site is the most basic site i have seen so all these things shouldn't be the trouble that it has been.
i just got this site up http://mogjuice.com/ my site jsut got up a couple days ago and we havent even added more content or forums yet. sorry don't mean to advertise but it is my site. it so dam cheap to run it you don't even notice that your paying for it.

where is all the money of 3000 members going toward ?
I'm not sure if anyone realizes but thats what $45,000 a year. it only cost maybe $1,000 or so a year to run this place.

i don't mean to sound rude or un appreciative but its really a issue that all members would be interested in hearing about I'm sure, and why its the way it is now.
these cars are hard enough as it is and we all need this place to keep the world of Super coupes turning.

Spider said:
where is all the money of 3000 members going toward ?
I'm not sure if anyone realizes but thats what $45,000 a year. it only cost maybe $1,000 or so a year to run this place.
You're barking up the wrong tree here. The financials have been posted. The money is accounted for. And without checking the actual post, even though member numbers might be in the 3000s, I believe there's less than 800 current paying members. And I think your $1000 a year is a little light.

Regardless, George already explained he's investigating the situation. It will happen, but yes, it's taking a while.

Last edited:
I had stopped by George's place on Sunday, on the way back from Dan's event in PA. We chatted about many things, the SCCoA member pages being one. George indicated that he was finally able to get in touch with Ron, who is up to his armpits with job-related stuff.

Anyway, I think that George wants to get Ron to show him how to perform the changes on the member pages, so that he is able to do some of it when Ron is too busy to do so himself. Of course, until Ron has time to instruct George, we'll be (hopefully patiently) waiting.

cheers
Ed N.

I'm just curious about what the difficult things are that only trained people can do and what is it that takes so much time to learn how to upload images on a site. dont mean to sound rude but i dont know how to ask in a nicer way :D
or is it just the main dude just doesn't wanna share access to the site with anyone else ?

Spider said:
I'm just curious about what the difficult things are that only trained people can do and what is it that takes so much time to learn how to upload images on a site. dont mean to sound rude but i dont know how to ask in a nicer way :D
or is it just the main dude just doesn't wanna share access to the site with anyone else ?

If you would go reading up on this subject. Ron puts a lot of pride in this website.

Go look at 10-20 member pages. They will all have the same look and feel.

Back