AEROQUIP Question

Dahoopd

I did the search and the following part #'s came up. I ordered 4 feet and they ended up sending me 10 and charging me for it. I have to return the other 6 feet but want to make sure the part # is correct before I cut 4 foot off of it.

The part numbers listed on the search are
FCV-0403
FC332-4
AER-FBV040

The part # I recieved, (stamped on the hose)
FC332-04

Thanks for the help.

cougarsc said:
That's the correct hose. How much do you want for the rest of it? Or where did you buy it from?

I got it from........... http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/

It was $2.88 a foot. They gouge you on shipping. It came to $38.52 for 10 feet. I only wanted 4 feet. they gave me an RA to send back the other 6 feet. I can sell you the other or you can get it from them. I was going to use the braided but you have to change the ends over and I have enough stupid things to finish on this car without ending up in another direction ...yet again.

What keeps the line on. I would think the pressure would blow it off. Are you suppose to use clamps or something. Does it shrink or something.

Dahoopd said:
What keeps the line on. I would think the pressure would blow it off. Are you suppose to use clamps or something. Does it shrink or something.

Dave Dalke used that stuff to plumb my billet fuel rails and remote mounted fuel pressure regulator when we installed the AR. Mine was black and the fittings looked like stainless.

Warm up the cut end of the hose a little with a heat gun and shove it onto the fitting. Cool stuff and much easier to work with than braided lines with screw on fittings. Unlike the braided hose, the 90 and 45 degree fittings can actually be swiveled on the hose after it's assembled. No clamps are required. My fuel pressure reaches about 64 psi at full boost and it doesn't leak a drop.

David

Last edited:
I have run aeroquip lines on my stock SC rail for a long time, great stuff, a cheap upgrade too.

I didnt replace the rail line. I replaced the line from the rail to the lines that run under the car. Ford made them so long and tense. I wanted to shorten them and run them along the fender. It looks good. Hopefully there are no leaks. I took the blue line and covered it in double wall heat shrink because I didnt want blue under the hood. Turned out pretty nice. You can almost stand between the passenger fender and exhaust manifold to change the plugs.

where did you get the fittings for the end that attaches to the fuel lines that run under teh car? Or did you reuse the stock ones?

V6Sprout said:
where did you get the fittings for the end that attaches to the fuel lines that run under teh car? Or did you reuse the stock ones?

There are no fittings. Its the same as the fuel rail, just tubing. Look at it where it attaches to the rail. Its the same on the other end near the fuel filter. It does have a fuel line almost like a vacuum line covering it.

must be different ont he SC then on a Mustang cause my fuel lines from the hard lines to the fuel rail have fittings on both ends. The end to the hard lines under the car have what are called duck bill fittings I think.

I'm not sure what he's talking about either.

Dahoopd,

Can you post some pictures of exactly what hose you replaced. The socketless hose is only intended for use with the matching socketless fittings. You can't just replace the hard plastic looking portion of the stock fuel lines with this stuff and expect it to work, without adapting to the socketless fittings.

David

Here is a shot of what I did. The lines have the same barbs as the fuel rail. There should be no need for fittings. It uses the same line from factory as the rail itself. Replacement is the same concept as what is shown on mn12performance for a rail rebuild. I cut the old line off without tampering with the marbs and shortened it by 6 inches. It a much cleaner fit. I will post a pic of the final result when its complete.

Dave,

In the socketless hose replacement for the rails on the MN12 site. There are no fittings. Just the barbs from the rail. They are the same as the lines themselves.

Its the blue -4 Aeroquip line with 1/2 inch heatshrink tube laid over top.

Attachments

• fuel line 001.jpg
    fuel line 001.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 83
  • fuel line 002.jpg
    fuel line 002.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
From http://www.ronmorrisperformance.com/ you can get a spring lock to AN adapter.
Then from anyplace that sells Aeroquip hose you can get the fittings to go from the AN to the socketless hose.

Note the aeroquip socketless hose fittings are slightly different from the Ford barbed fittings. I'm willing to trust Rich on his fuel rail rebuild article, but do keep in mind, the fittings are different.

Back