Supercharger removal help

BlownV6

Let me just say this car is harder to work on then my old LT1 f-body and i have the busted knuckles to prove it. :D

Onto the problem. I have removed the 3 main supercharger bolts and the belt but it seems like something is holding onto it from the rear which i cannot see. Anyone have any advice or instructions? I need to install new valve cover gaskets and that isn't happening until i remove the damn supercharger.

All help is appreciated.

Also you need to remove the wiring from the IAC valve, and disconnect all the Vaccuum hoses too. One last place to look is the bypass valve coupler too. 3 bolts are all thats holding it, so its definately snagged on something.

you need to disconnect everything that is on the tb,intake plenum.remove the tb, intake plenum and sc as one unit.on the drivers side you'll need to remove the return plenum also.unless you have magician fingers and hands you'll need to remove the cowl in order to have room to unbolt everything.

well two things....if you're trying to remove the supercharger ONLY...then you need to unbolt the four bolts from the plenum...i dont see that happening, so if you're trying o remove the supercharger and plenums together you need to disconnect the EGR bolts to the plenum (if applicable) and three bolts from the plenum to the lower intake manifold (besides all the other obvious stuff). Label your vacuum lines and dont loose those bolts. Good luck!

Thanks again guys. Stupid me tried to get everything out with the Cowl on. :eek:

Going to finish it up later on. Way too hot outside to do anything else but swim.

Let's try to clarify.

The supercharger is bolted to the engine with 3 bolts. (you have those off)

The throttle body is attached to a intake plenum that is attached to the bottom of the supercharger in the back.

If your car has EGR, the EGR valve is bolted to the intake plenum that the throttle body is attached to.

If your throttle body has coolant tubes attached to it, you have two coolant lines you need to disconnnect under it.

To remove the supercharger you do best to remove the supercharger along with the intake plenum, and throttle body. You remove the big 3 bolts, the coolant lines to the throttle body (if applicable), the EGR connection (if applicable) the wiring connection to the idle air motor, the wiring connection to the throttle position sensor, and the linkage for the throttle, and TV cable (if applicable).

Then you can lift the blower off... assuming you removed the belt, with which will come the throttle body and inlet plenum.

There is a second inlet plenum attached to the intake manifold and the supercharger intake tube. That can stay on.
scassembly1.jpg

Got it out this morning. It was the damn EGR tube holding it in. Thank you so much guys. If this site wasn't around i would be pulling my hair out.

Back