How do i get the windshield wipers off?

There is a small clip that you slide out about 1/4 of a inch you may need a screwdriver you will have to lift the wiper away from the windshield in order to "unlock" the clip after the clip is unlocked it will hold the wiper away from the windshield

Sometimes it's really hard to remove those stinking things. Do like he says, though, and see what happens. If I ever remove those again, I will use anti-seize on the splined parts.

sometime a large screwdriver to coax them a little helps, like prying up a little on one side while applying pressure from the other.

S

Motohead said:
There is a small clip that you slide out about 1/4 of a inch you may need a screwdriver you will have to lift the wiper away from the windshield in order to "unlock" the clip after the clip is unlocked it will hold the wiper away from the windshield

Which way does the clip slide out? Towards the windshield? Away from the windshield?

The clip slides out towards the windshield. You should see a little tab on the windshield side of the arm.

Lift up the arm, slide out the tab, release the tension on the arm, now the tab should be holding the arm somewhat outward. Now wiggle the arm back and forth or pry from under it while pulling it straight up. Be very careful not to lose the plastic keyways inside the wiper arm splines. It is a major PITA to get the arms lined up again without those keyways. Also, separate the arms so you know which one goes on which side because they're different.:)

MowbryShim.jpg

Back