front brake pads are sticking after install

x182dan

I install the mustang dual piston PBR's last week. When I put them on I used the c-clamp to compress the pistons and they seem to be in all the way. The thing is when I put the caliper on the bracket my wheels won't turn because the pads are to tight on the rotor. Any ideas what that could be? My whole brake system needs to be bled could be it? I need help both sides are the same way??????????

Maybe the spacing on the caliper to the spindle is not correct. Is the inner pad, outer pad, or are both of the pads making the rotor not turn?

birds4us said:
Maybe the spacing on the caliper to the spindle is not correct. Is the inner pad, outer pad, or are both of the pads making the rotor not turn?

i wanna say both. How do I know if the spacing is correct?

You may have to install the old calipers and make some measurements, and then do the same with the new calipers.

Rotors ONLY or Rotors AND Calipers?

x182dan said:
I install the mustang dual piston Power Brake Rotors 's last week.
Are the rotors used with dual piston calipers, different from the rotors used on single piston calipers? How are the mustang rotors better than the SC rotors? OR are you attempting to say that you installed the Mustang Rotors AND the dual piston Mustang calipers? :confused:

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:
Are the rotors used with dual piston calipers, different from the rotors used on single piston calipers? How are the mustang rotors better than the SC rotors? OR are you attempting to say that you installed the Mustang Rotors AND the dual piston Mustang calipers? :confused:

68COUGAR

they are supposed to mount fine with the stock sc rotors

CALIPERS or Rotors?

x182dan said:
they are supposed to mount fine with the stock sc rotors
Are you you're talking about mounting Mustang Dual Piston CALIPERS & using your SC Rotors? :confused: Because your original post said that you mounted Mustang Rotors.

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:
Are you you're talking about mounting Mustang Dual Piston CALIPERS & using your SC Rotors? :confused: Because your original post said that you mounted Mustang Rotors.

68COUGAR

no i didnt do the hub swap so its stock sc rotors that should work???

Back