Injector and upgrade opinions

T-bird Tim

I am currently running 36lb injectors with a 255lph fuel pump and a 76mm mafs and a 85mm t-body. I have bought a 90mm mafs and 42lb injectors plus have a 2800 stall torque converter I am going to be installing in place of the stock one. Should these upgrades be a noticeable difference? Of course I will have the car retuned once all of these parts are installed. Just good to get other peoples opinions or experiences so that I know what to expect. Thanks for the input!

the difference will be marginal. Your upgrades are ones to compliment a bigger one, like a better blower or nitrous. Those upgrades will show small improvement now but will allow you to support more horsepower later.

I have the same MAF and TB and when I had 36# injectors it tended to run a bit too lean. Switching to the 42# injectors richened it up quite a bit. The difference wasn't noticeable seat in the pants feel but it showed up in my e.t.'s at the track. I picked up 10 rwhp on the dyno.

Tim, you will have to get a better blower for those mods. On a stock blower 85mm MAF and 90mm TB are useless

I guess I should have mentioned this, but I do have a stegmeier blower and ported intake on the car, along with a 520 lift cam and ported heads. I am running very lean, I am getting plenty of air but not enough fuel. Hopefully these upgrades will give me the difference I need.

Back