oil to hot ?

thundrburd

ok, asked before, and I think I stunned everyone, but will try again, new motor from ford, after it warms up if I pull the dipstick it smokes alot from the dipstick, engine runs cool too, so if anyone could give some suggestions it wouldl be greatly appreciated, maybe putting 10w 30 would help, I dont know but I need to change the oil anyway so what kind would you guys reccomend, thanks for the help

Tony

I would agree with Dave. I have gone to change the oil on many hot vehicles and taken off the oil filler cap and have seen many different cars smoking from there. While it most likely is moisture escaping it looks like smoke and I would not be concerned with that.

ok, well thats a plus, now what kind of oil do you guys think I should put in it ?? I was thinking 10w30 synthetic,

thundrburd said:
ok, well thats a plus, now what kind of oil do you guys think I should put in it ?? I was thinking 10w30 synthetic,

thats what I run! 5-30 sometimes too. 100% synthetic. I got 3 MPG increase on the road with it.

Which "it"?

35thauto said:
thats what I run! 5-30 sometimes too. I got 3 MPG increase on the road with it.
Which "it" gave you the 3 mph increase? The 5-30 it, or the 10-30 it? :confused:

Confuesed 68COUGAR

Nettlesd said:
Oil? You mean we're suppose to put oil in these things? Oh my!

Yea.......and i hear you can clean your internals by putting shot-peen in there with it! :p

10-40

Just changes the oil to 10-40 syntec.
is this a better weight for high mile bottom ends?
would 5-50 be best? That's what I used to use cuz it seems to cover all conditions...(well it says 5-50 anyway)
i use synthetic.

paul

Back