died on me

kluxman45

i was going down the road and looked down at the tack and it was not working.engine died.so it wouldnt start i put gass in it then it started,but went a little then died.also tack does not work. got it started but tack didnt work,drove it home a few blocks and let it set for 15 mins or so,it started and the tack worked,whats up?plus black smoke came out of it too.from uder neath.it sounds like its out of time when its trying to start.but when ya let it sit it starts fine and the tack starts working again.could this be the cam sensor?or crank sensor? and how hard is it to put in the crank sensor?i can do the cam one.

Definitely CRANK SHAFT sensor, battled with this for months until I replaced it. Good as new.
Good luck.

Read aaron pierce's post. He has the same problem. Maybe you can get some ideads or answers there. -The battle continues, cam or crank sensor.

crank sensor

how do ya go about replaceing the crank sensor?how much are they?where is it located?i replaced the cam sensor

Napa has crank sensors. AZone doesn't. They're about $50. SCCOA->Literature has an article on how to change the crank sensor. I think the only part I wouldn't say is required is draining the coolant. At least, I didn't need to. The other part is you will need a 6.5mm open end wrench (or whatever 7/32 is equivalent to). I ended up borrowing a tune-up wrench from my neighbor as I didn't have anything that small. It was necessary, otherwise you have to pull the harmonic balancer (PITA) to get a socket on it.

Good luck. I did mine in the rain.:(

Back