PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Brown--(Front Suspension Support Brace)--group Buy!

Ricks SC
06-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Hi Everyone,
I would like to start a Group Buy on the Kenny Brown (Front Suspension Support Braces). I have had many requests for these. So, here it goes. Please add your name to the list below if your in. This GB is for SCCOA members.

These braces(2)(L&R) will fit all 89-97 Thunderbirds & Cougars, also will fit the 93-98 Lincoln Mark VIII's. These braces will be professionally tig welded right from the same jigs Kenny Brown Performance used. All braces will be professionally powder coated black just like the STB, LECB and the RTLB that many of you have purchased. The GB price is $105 with free priority mail shipping. Normal retail on these will be $135 plus shipping. Members in the GB will be the first to receive their braces. Please allow up to four weeks from when I receive all payments to receive your braces. Thanks everyone for your support and previous interest. I am also doing a GB on an IRS forward torque brace. Please send $105 to the address below.

Rick Gall
PO Box 33554
Las Vegas, NV 89133

Any questions feel free to email me at rmg1968@msn.com.

Thanks,
Rick

Let me know if you are in on the Kenny Brown FSSB:

1)Pablon2
2)Brad B.(paid)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

442guy
06-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Question will they fit with a raised top, I don'yt have an image to reference

Dirk SC
06-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Question will they fit with a raised top, I don'yt have an image to reference

I believe your thinking of a the Strut Tower Brace. This peice fits in a different location. But yes the STB will fit with a raised top as it goes behind not above. I think Rick is still selling those but I am sure he will reply.

Ricks SC
06-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Hi,
The Front Suspension Support Brace goes underneath the vehicle. I will be posting pictures on Ebay asap. Hi Dirk.

Thanks,
Rick

pablon2
06-25-2006, 12:41 AM
Please add your name to the list if you are in on the Kenny Brown FSSB:

1) Pablon2 :D
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

C'mon guys, I don't know of any other place to currently get this brace.

Bradley Blaze
06-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Rick I would like to be in on the FSSB group buy, Thanks Bradd F

Ricks SC
06-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks Brad!

Rick

pablon2
07-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Rick, where we at with this?

Ricks SC
07-12-2006, 01:29 AM
Well, I am going to make these either way. So, if you guys want to send in your money you will get the braces at the GB price.

Thanks,
Rick

pablon2
07-12-2006, 07:53 AM
Only one person other than me needs one of these? I have to believe the demand exceeds the supply with this particular part. C'mon guys, this'll help eliminate chassis absorption/flex as the reason for not getting the ETs you think you should be getting. ;)

Bradley Blaze
07-17-2006, 04:26 PM
yeah, cmon guys, this is a very good mod for the money. Rick you should have both of my money orders by now. I'm ready for the sub frame connectors. I just wish you could powder coat my parts red, but I if you can't black will do. I can always have them re-coated .

Ricks SC
07-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks Brad. When I get caught up I will do a run of red and you can trade yours out for red ones at no extra charge. I did receive your payments.

Thank you,
Rick

Bradley Blaze
07-24-2006, 06:29 PM
yahoo! Thanks Rick. I will always be a customer,I guess until I get everything, I may just have to get another car to keep buying from you.Cya

jsadamsjr1986
07-29-2006, 03:18 AM
Rick I would like to be in on the FSSB group buy also thanks

Ricks SC
08-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Hi,
You can send payment to the address above. Anyone else in? I have only received payment from Brad.

Thanks,
Rick

pablon2
10-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Rick, where you at with these braces?
Thanks!

Bradley Blaze
10-18-2006, 12:59 PM
:) patiently waiting

pablon2
11-26-2006, 03:14 AM
Hello Rick? You didn't forget about us did you? :D

pablon2
12-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Rick, we need an update on this. :cool: I saw you post in the other brace GP thread, so I hope you haven't forgotten about Brad and I who paid for the suspension braces. I emailed your msn account too.

Ricks SC
12-31-2006, 08:52 PM
Hi,
I didn't forget about anyone. Everyone will get what they paid for as you probably all know. I do apologize for the delay. I never expected it to take this long. To many things going on. I will get all braces out asap. I will be focusing on them over the next few weeks. Thanks everyone for your patience. Happy New Year to everyone.

Regards,
Rick

pablon2
12-31-2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks Rick, I appreciate the update.

Paul

PeoriaBirdFreak
01-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi rick,

I'm not a member here yet but I'd like to purchase 2 of your braces. I just became an official SC owner and plan to join the club immediately.

Let me know if I can order 2 of them and where to send payment. Didn't Kenny Brown make and upper and lower brace?

Thanks

Austin

blown96bird
01-10-2007, 01:58 AM
I have the original braces made by KB and they snifigantly reduce body flex and sharpen the handling.

pablon2
01-10-2007, 10:32 AM
I have the original braces made by KB and they snifigantly reduce body flex and sharpen the handling.

Good to hear, that is what I was hoping for. :)

Bradley Blaze
01-30-2007, 05:10 PM
I cant wait to get these

Bradley Blaze
01-30-2007, 05:11 PM
still paiently waiting

pablon2
01-31-2007, 11:55 AM
still paiently waiting

So what exactly happened in one minute? You went from "can't wait" to "patiently waiting". An epiphany perhaps? Or a warm fuzzy phone call from Rick? :D

P.S. for the club, I STILL cannot believe Brad and I are the only ones that see a need for these braces. With the MPx coming out you are gonna want/need these braces more than ever to get your money's worth. Otherwise, we'll hear stories, like, "gee, man, I can't believe I only got xxHP out of the MPx, what a rip off." It's gotta be a finely tuned machine. Bracing = tuning.

THE BIRDMAN
02-01-2007, 09:03 PM
IS it too late to order a brace ? 2 questions about when would they ship and do you have pay pal ? Thanks

Jay

pablon2
02-01-2007, 11:07 PM
IS it too late to order a brace ? 2 questions about when would they ship and do you have pay pal ? Thanks

Jay

The answers you seek can be found in posts 1-27 of this thread.

Crash00527
02-04-2007, 10:07 PM
rick is pretty kool. i bought a kb brace bar on ebay from him. great guy to work with

pablon2
02-04-2007, 10:10 PM
rick is pretty kool. i bought a kb brace bar on ebay from him. great guy to work with

No one, or at not least me, is questioning Rick's intentions. I have personally purchased 4 seperate braces from him and had no problems. We just want him to hurry it up a bit is all.

Ricks SC
02-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Brad & Paul,
I have way to many things going on right now. For starters my ceiling in my shop came down due to a broken water pipe. So, my whole shop is out of order and cant really do much till the ceiling is fixed. Second, I have bronchitis and can't seem to shake it. I am also going out of the country for a few weeks soon and have to prepare for that. When the smoke clears I can get your guys braces done. If you guys can't wait I can refund your money. Let me know.

Thanks,
Rick

pablon2
02-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Brad & Paul,
I have way to many things going on right now. For starters my ceiling in my shop came down due to a broken water pipe. So, my whole shop is out of order and cant really do much till the ceiling is fixed. Second, I have bronchitis and can't seem to shake it. I am also going out of the country for a few weeks soon and have to prepare for that. When the smoke clears I can get your guys braces done. If you guys can't wait I can refund your money. Let me know.

Thanks,
Rick

Sorry to hear about your troubles. At this point I can wait and do not need a refund. I'll be sure to let you know if that changes.

Bradley Blaze
02-15-2007, 03:55 PM
same here, sorry about your bad luck, I don't want a refund, I can wait. I will be the first to participate in the next GB you do.Bradd

rbrown
05-08-2007, 11:12 PM
I want to ask about subframe connectors.

Have you made these yet?

Bradley Blaze
05-21-2007, 05:16 PM
This is the only part I am waiting on. I never dreamed I'd be this patient, but I am. Since I have been going to church regularly, I have become more forgiving and patient. I know people may get upset ,but I'm not. I don't want a refund, just the part I paid for. Thanks Rick

Dahoopd
05-22-2007, 06:19 PM
This is the only part I am waiting on. I never dreamed I'd be this patient, but I am. Since I have been going to church regularly, I have become more forgiving and patient. I know people may get upset ,but I'm not. I don't want a refund, just the part I paid for. Thanks Rick

7 MONTHS ?????? And your still waiting???? :eek: I would definately think something was up by now.

pablon2
05-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Rick I'd like my money back please. Got the brace (KB original) I needed from another source. Don't worry about the interest. ;)

pablon2
05-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Rick, today I sent an email to your msn account requesting a full refund. Thanks

Ricks SC
06-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Haven't been on in a long time. Will get your refund out asap. Let me know if you need any other braces. We are going to have every brace available soon. The IRS brace is now available. Thanks for your patience. Thanks to you Bradd too. Will get your brace out asap.

Rick

pablon2
07-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Haven't been on in a long time. Will get your refund out asap.
Rick

Still waiting for the refund Rick.

Thanks,
Paul

pablon2
07-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Rick, please make good on your word of refunding my money. Not that it is anyone's business, but my SNOW boost controller crapped out on me after only 3,000 miles and I could really use the money I gave you months ago to buy a replacement controller so I can drive my car again. I believe I have been more than patient. You are "running" a business. I may appear over reactive to some, but it only takes getting ripped off a couple times via an online transaction before one becomes very skeptical, VERY fast. At first it was about the principle, but now it is all about the money. :cool: Thanks.

Bradley Blaze
09-02-2007, 10:52 AM
How about an update? I'm about to update the bad sellers list.

blown94cougar
10-02-2007, 10:11 PM
It is true that the fixtures for T-Bird parts were sold. Discontinuing the T-Bird parts was an economic business decision, they were relatively low volume and we needed the manufacturing capacity for the new '05 Mustang parts. The fixtures were sold but not the license to use the Kenny Brown name. All Genuine Kenny Brown products have a serial tag. I'm glad you brought this to our attention. If you could forward us information on this person we will take appropriate action to have him cease and desist the unauthorized use of the Kenny Brown name.

Thank You,

Kenny Brown

This is a quote from kenny brown from my buddies email In regards to the "authentic" KB braces Rick is selling saying there kenny browns...yes they are built in a KB jig but not by kenny brown by Rick....just thought you guys should know not that they arent any good but they are NOT authentic this is in response to Rick saying I have stolen his design and selling mine $65 cheaper My design is my own I have never seen the real KB ones or Ricks honestly I could bet we sell the same quality part But like I said mine is cheaper and serves the same purpose.

A1cntrler
10-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Funny that he spent so much time and energy name calling and trying to get the other manufacturer of similar braces to stop making them, yet didn't have the courtesy to stop by over here and update his paying customers on the status of thier parts. We all know he has been on....

Glad you posted to this. I hadn't even seen it until it showed up in my "new posts" section.

Ricks SC
10-03-2007, 01:44 AM
These are old posts. Everyone has received their braces and Pablon has received his refund. You people need to get a life. One brace is due to Brad.

Rick

Ricks SC
10-03-2007, 01:47 AM
For all of you splitting hairs out there. I make the braces on KBP jigs. They are made by myself and others not KBP. Again, I make them on their Jigs. The majority of the braces are sold through Supercoupeperformance as SCP braces not KBP braces. Hope this clears things up for you guys.

Rick

pablon2
10-07-2007, 04:03 PM
These are old posts. Everyone has received their braces and Pablon has received his refund. You people need to get a life. One brace is due to Brad.

Rick

Yes, I finally got a refund. OH, BTW, we really don't expect too much. Just what we pay for, in a timely manner. Many of us work for our money just as hard as you do, Rick.

Ricks SC
10-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Paul,
That post was not targeted at you. It was for two others. One in which is copying the braces I own the rights to and the other is supporting him who doesn't even know what the braces do or where they go. Oh yea, thanks for replying to my email.

Rick

blown94cougar
10-09-2007, 02:23 AM
If you want the real kenny brown braces unfortunetly guys you are out of luck as Kb doesnt make them anymore If you want a cheaper alternative you can have a look at my braces prices are half as much as ricks and I also off discounts on every 2 you buy mine are also welded in a jig and yes they are professionally welded I have 10+ years of metal fabrication experience and have built many suspension set-ups for higher powered mustangs Im not new to this.there is no middle man with me I make the braces and I ship'em apparently that cuts $65 to 70 off the final price and that savings gets passed to you guys . Thanx for looking

pablon2
10-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Paul,
That post was not targeted at you.
Rick

No worries.

trav91sc
10-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Kenny Brown no longer sells anything check out the web site.

rbrown
10-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Since 2005 it says.....

trav91sc
10-09-2007, 10:39 PM
You would think after two years they would strat selling again. I wanted to see what an ar was going for. What a disappointment. Hope they start selling soon.

Bradley Blaze
10-22-2007, 03:28 PM

Rick

Hey Rick, I'm not trying to harass you, I have been very patient, but when do you think I will get my braces? My new email addy is braddnamy@bellsouth.net, My Mailing addy is : Bradd Finch
543 Ebenezer Rd
Troy, TN 38260
(731)446-1923
You make a great product and I will defend you on that. I know you say you had some issues come up that put you in a tight spot, that's ok too ( I speak for myself not the others) but I would really like to resolve this soon. I look forward to getting the parts so that i can start restoration of my bird. I dont check this board very often, so I would recommend using the email address above if you would like to contact me. I have faith in you that you will come thru for me Rick. Thanks, Bradd

rhermanstein
03-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Kenny Brown made two front braces. One was the Lower Engine Cradle Brace that welds two rectangle bars to the frame and Super Coupe Performance sells it. Then he offered a " Front Suspension Support Brace." Which one exactly are you selling? I havn't been able to find this Front Engine Support Brace anywhere. Do you have a photo of it and will it work in conjunction with the Lower Engine Cradle Brace?