interior swap

danekejt

I am assuming judging by looking at the interior for my wrecked 91sc and my new 89sc that the interior will swap between cars. is this correct?

also has anyone ever dyed a dash? wondering how difficult it actuall is. part of it is gray want to dye it black to match the black interior i will be swapping into it. Thanks for all suggestions.

yeah it should be no problem, just make sure you don't break any thing, ohh right thats not possible, try to break as few plasitic tabs as possible.
I haven't swaped dashes but i have done a lot of other parts. Just take your time, and get all the screws before you pull on anything
you may want to consider a two tone interior depending on the colors you have. I have a two tone. I started with blue/blue in/out and now have a blue car with a blue/ black interior. i think its very cool. going two tone lessen the amount of work you have to do, maybe. but it may be the excuse you need to buy a dashmat and leave the dash the color it is.

good swapping
jim

It can be done, but it takes a lot of patience to get everything done without braking anything. Go for it, just take it slowly and be sure to loosen all the screws etc.

door panels

remember the door panels don't pull out, like the old ones with the plastic tabs, they have hooks or clips that you lift the whole panel up, not out. If you pull it straight out you will break the hooks. Take the bad one out first, assuming you have two cars there, so you can see what to do on that one.

thanks guys for all the suggestions. yeah it is impossible to not break any of those plastic junk tabs. two tone is not a bad idea. the car has the gray interior theme goin on. i will probably do that. just swap the carpets and seats and leave the other stuff. that shouldnt look to bad. will see how it goes. thanks again

I got two tone also, I love it. Its all black and grey, and I just used a spray dye on it. Make sure though you clean stuff incredibly well or else the dye won't stick

I dyed the dash, the door panels, the rear interior pieces, the inserts in the sun visors, the door sills, pretty much everything except for a few things I wanted grey

I used VHT interior dye. 4 or 5 coats of dye, and 2 or 3 coats of clearcoat

Doh. To clean the surface I used one of those fingernail brushes or whatever and a lot of soap and water. Then I lightly scuffed all the surfaces for the paint to stick ebtter (scuff, not scratch)

Back