omg drifting is gonna kill someone

thats crazy dorifto!! yo, thats mad JDM. that new fast and the furious movie came out this weekend, tokyo drift. i attempted to stay off the roads since i figured tons of cops would be out trying to catch all the idiots trying to drift on main roads.

i should've invested in lots of 240sx's since after the first fast and the furious movie the price of supras skyrocketed, and are still really expensive. all the rich ricer kids are going to want the 240sx's now.

yep, i guess it finally kicked in that it wasnt kool to have a big wing and stuff that makes u go no-where. ohh well, how do u think the SC would do in a drift challenge,

omg thats fricken awesome.

Being such a heavy car i think it wouldnt do all that well, but with the power were makin, we could hold our own. Look at who i think is Ken Gushi, i think he drifts a new Mustang GT. The GTO is another domestic drift favorite. So i think our cars could be made to do decently, but our IRS would hold us back i believe. Solid rears like to slide around more.

Drifting is getting more and more popular. Dont bash it just cause F&F made a movie about it. Its been around for alot longer than those ricer ~~~~ head movie makers have been.

Drifting is actually a neat sport.

Some idiot wrecked his supra on friday after he saw the new FATF movie. Idiot made the news and 2nd page the next day.

The IRS wouldn't hold the SC back, it would be the tranny's and the inability to maintain a high rev, and the radiator. Every single car on that video, except the Hachi Roku, has an IRS. Heh...those were the days...

drift racing....a race car thats set up is so horribly bad that the rear tires finish the race ahead of the front tires.......:rolleyes:

Drifting can be fun with a lot of practice and some common sense. Speaking from experience I know how dangerous it can be as well. A few years back my uncle had perhaps the sweetest t-bird I have ever seen. I dont remember what year model it was, I believe a 94 or 95 v-8 Davey Allison edition. He was bragging on how bad@$$ it was so he decided to take me for a spin. After fish tailing and a few donuts he decided to try to drift around the parking lot at the piggly wiggly that was closed at the time. We made a couple successful passes when it happened. He hit a cement curb thingy in a handicap spot which sent the car spinning around and he took out the cart coral with the right quarter panel. To make a long story short his near cherry Davey Allison bird sustained about $4K in damage for 30 minutes of fun.

xThunderbirdSCx said:
or front wheel drive and some McDonalds trays :D :D :D

Thats always a blast to do. I want to try it with some metal trays though. Would be a good spark show at night.

Shane

Sweet90SC said:
drift racing....a race car thats set up is so horribly bad that the rear tires finish the race ahead of the front tires.......:rolleyes:

Actually they're setup really really well, it's just that they push it past the limit intentionally.

A lot of the big time drift cars do really well on road race courses. On top of that adjustable suspension > *

I plan on taking the S/C to Drift Day sometime (SANCTIONED DRIFTING EVENT... not street race stupid ~~~~~) one of these days. Since *I* have the 5-speed it should be a lot of fun. The 'bird comes factory with lots of features that make it ideal. Plus, learning the extra car-control skills just may save you in the event of black ice, super slick roads or other adverse conditions.

*Independent Rear Suspension
*310lb/ft tq
*4w Disc Brakes
*Factory Limited Slip
*5-speed transmission

I can tell already that the car has the potential to just shred the rear tires and could easily be poured through turns sideways. Forget clutch-kick and that bs the hachi rokus (which ARE independent rear, if it's the GTS model and not the SR5) have to do to break traction, we can simply power over and kick ~~~.

Oh, and in reference to Ken Gushi, he has a shop across the street from Mike's Z shop on Painter St.& Mulberry in Whittier. Cool place.

-Ghost

PS
I REALLY NEED HELP PASSING SMOG.

the laws of physics dictate that all things being equal a car with equal hp and tq that sticks in the corners will out perform a car that slips and slides thru it..every race car pushes the envelope in handleing... when they start breaking loose they get counter productive. However, it does make for an entertaining show if you're into that stuff...although doing it on the street, like any other kind of racing, is just dumb and often tragic.

Drifting has been going on for many years on dirt tracks around the country since circle track racing began. It has been called broad sliding or power sliding long before it was called drifting. Drifting is senseless in my opinion because the judging is subjective therefore there is no clear cut winner. It is all for show. Now attend a World of Outlaws Sprint Car or Late Model race and you will see 24+ cars drifting with a clear winner. There is nothing like witnessing 1200 lb., direct drive, alcohol injected 700+ hp Sprint Cars going at it in person.

Bryan

Attachments

• A0246.jpg
    A0246.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 33
Back