Tackling a head gasket

IGot6UGot8

Does anyone have a tech write up on changing the head gaskets? I've done plenty of SBC's, but want to know if there are any tricks to disassembling the supercharger, accessories, etc on the supercoupes.

Thanks
Jake

There are only a couple that I found. I just did mine. 89 SC
Pick up a Haynes or Chiltons manual, Take your time!!!! You can remove the throttle body and the supper charger as one piece. Just make sure you disconnect the hose that runs down below the EGR Valve. Otherwise you will break the ambient pressure sensor. ($84) I know. Of course mark your hoses and wires as you take them off. You can also remove the power steering bracket without pulling the pulley off the Pump. There is a stud in behind it with a nut on it. A long extension and a universal joint will get it. Just leave the pump and bracket lay in the engine bay, don't disconnect the hoses. Take the AC compressor off the Bracket and just let it lay there too. Do not disconnect the hoses. You can also pull the fuel rails and injectors as one piece without disconnecting them either. Just position this stuff out of your way. The rest of the supper charger inlet and outlet tubes come apart fairly easy. After that its a normal head job. No punn intended!!!
Good luck
Lew

Back