Need Help ASAP.

tattoo

:confused: Hey Guys,
I have a problem starting my car.I drove about 40 miles one way and then the car sat all day.I drove home again 40 miles,car sat for 2 hours and it would not start.It seems like it is starving for fuel.Is there something else besides a relay i should look at?...Maybe the pump is shot.Can i use a inline fuel pump?....Thanks,Ed

"Lemon" Seems To Polite...

Stephen,
I found the fuel cut off switch and it was still set.

Maybe your fuel filter is clogged,it is located under the passenger side of the underside of the car.If you run the car too often with under 1/4 tank of gas it will kill your fuel pump as it uses fuel as coolant for the pump.

Have you checked wires going to the starter? If they get corroded you won't be able to start the car. Also check battery terminals...:rolleyes:

I have checked the connections and they seem fine.Is there a way to check the pump without dropping the tank?...Which wiring should i be looking at?..And is the pump relay in the trunk with the inertia switch?

So it cranks?

If so, does the tach bounce around when it cranks?

When you first turn the key to the "on" position, can you hear the fuel pump run for about 2 seconds?

Just a shot in the dark here, but have you checked the balancer?

If it is wobbling a little bit, it could cause a problem with the crank sensor.....

I have a 92 in my shop that sounds like it has the same symptoms....

It will turn over and act like it wants to start, but doesn't.....

Thanks for the response guys.When it cranks the tach does bounce and i cant hear the pump come on.Balancer?...What is the best way to check that?...Thanks,Ed.

The tach bouncing could mean the cam position sensor is going bad. Does it bounce when it is running?

Look at the balancer while the car is running and if it's wobbling, you should be able to see it.

Hey,
The tach doesnt bounce when the car is running.So i have to get the car running before i can check the balancer.....Can i jump the pump some how to get it to kick in?

Need Help ASAP

It sounds like the same problem I am having at the moment. pump wont run, tach jumps or should say did jump till it pegged out and now wont come back down.
To get the fuel pump to kick in you can jump a wire on the relay and it should come on, (I think its the white wire and pink/black wire)

Problem solved....(maybe)

Thanks guys for your help.I found the problem was with my alarm system,some how the alarm thought i was trying to steal my own car and locked out the fuel system....by tripping the relay...Thanks again guys...

Back