hmmm..

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
I've got this guy i talk to at work every once in awhile that has a civic.. ANyways its got some sort of accura swap and some other mods (1.8 with a 1.6 head he says..) anyways this dude is claiming 7.4 second 1/8th miles on slicks all motor no boost no spray.. He said he'd run me on street tires and i am really starting to think he is bs-ing on how fast it is.. Is that even possible a 7.4 seccond(1/8th mile) civic all motor?? wouldn't he have to be making 300+hp for those kind of #'s? I am going to take him up on this race deal just because i want to know if he is full of crap or what... I mean if his civic is really that fast i can respect that.. It deffinately sounds alot better than a stock civic with a fart can but i dunno... its not all stripped out and shi* so its probably full wieght.. If this goes down it will be at night so it will be cool and i will be able to run within 5 minutes of starting the car up from being completely cooled off(sitting all day).. Perhaps i'll plug the by-pass's vac line for a bit more umph out of the hole.. I'll try like hell to get a video alot of people think this guy is full of crap and have money on it so it could be interesting.. Deffinately going to make sure he's not got spray before hand.. One guy said that he's road in the car before and it has very lousy traction on street tires so that will deffinately give me an advantage i get awesome traction when i am not trying to light up the tires...

all those civic boys think they are fast with those acura swaps and what nots, something about a type r head on blt block ends up making u a double double with cheese.... most likely he is like my friend around here rolling in a hatchback with his 4th engine swap, keeps breaking them, i wonder why... anywho, typical civic mods... u can take him,

I know a civic with the factory engine loaded with bolt on's i can beat the snot out of with my 275k+ auto accord that is in bad need of new plugs,wires,cap,rotor,air filter...... I've drove a couple accura's that where crazy fast but they FEEL faster than what they are... my s/c FEELS slower than my accord but if you watch the speedo your like whoaa... its all about how close you are to the ground and the size of car i guess... The last civic i smoked with my accord i drove and thought it felt faster than the accord (maybe i just know how to drive a 5 speed properly???) but it was pretty damn slow when i ran it..

7.4s in the 1/8 is a mid 11 second car in the 1/4. I've never seen a 4 cylinder import do that without a power adder of some type.

David

Update:

Ok i talked to the cars original owner/builder and he showed me some slips and gave me some insight.. 1/8th mile ET's from 9.2/9.6 mph 77/70ish.. He also said that was with slicks and LOTS of practice..He also said that the car had alot of traction isues on street tires as it is NOT limited slip.. So i am kinda thinking that bad driver+street tires=mid/high 10's which i don't see as to much of a problem for the s/c.. Also the run is going to be from dead stop and a 1/2 mile or so roughly.. I am thinking close race in the 1/8th and after that i'm going to blow his doors.. Supposedly this is going down 2-marow so... going to get video for sure and see what happens..

I will say one thing i've heard it and it doesent sound nearly as ricey as every other jerk with a fart can.. supposed to be an integra b-18 with cams exhaust and a dyno tune..

like i put on my previouse post, that honda stuff doesnt make sense to me,it all ends up like this

"something about a type r head on blt block ends up making u a double double with cheese...."

ohh yeah, just because it doesnt sound ricey, doesnt mean it got something under the hood, maybe just a good exhaust setup, not ur typical cofee muffler

Last edited:
I pull 7.7s in the 1/8th with 400whp with all wheel drive.....his car would have to weigh less then 2000lbs to do what he's doing.....

unless he can cut 1.4 60 foots on that front driver =)

~~~~, race him and find out.

I forgot to even look at the 60' times on his slips.. But it couldn't be real light because its not been stripped.. still has full interior and crap..

there was once this loser in a crx who stripped his whole interior, im pretty sure he was sitting on a milk crate for a seat... he ended up selling it for like 200 bucks...

there's these two dudes I work with at Autozone and they both think their imports are the ~~~~, one dude doesn't know a ~~~~ing thing and acts like he knows everything. Bastard GC6 Impreza owner-- his GC6 impreza is a nightmare. The fiberglass bodykit is cracked, there's trim missing everywhere, the interior is shot to hell, different color grille, the thing is just a piece of ~~~~ in general yet he thinks he got a good deal by only paying 2200 for it. He is such an idiot. It's maddening. Impreza owners are so ~~~~ing full of themselves it's infuriating. Another friend of mine just got a 02 WRX bugeye and thinks he's the hottest ~~~~ on the block because he's AWD with a turbo. His interior is ~~~~ing cheap and rattle-y, even though it's an 02 and has like 35k on it. Oh, and he doesn't know how to drive the car to its potential, but thinks he's quick because he can pull like .88 g's on the freeway onramps. Like I said, Impreza owners think they are superior to everyone else, regardless of reality. And he talks the ~~~~, even when nobody's saying anything. About just about everything that isn't another WRX. They think their cars are the greatest thing ever because they have AWD and boxer engines, and are sometimes turbocharged. The evo and 350Z crowd are just as elitist. It's sickening. I used to be really good friends with the WRX dude until he bought it, lately he's just been so ~~~~ing smug I can't even stand him anymore.
The other dude at my work drives a beat up old black CRX that looks like crap, and other honda guys stop by all the time. It's just so ridiculous. They have got to be the worst over-estimators of power anywhere. They're always talking out of their ~~~ about downright impossible horsepower numbers. At autozone training some other moron with a CRX was trying to convince me that he had a 700hp supercharged H22a (prelude motor) in his CRX. There aren't 100,000$ budget race cars that turn out that kind of HP and can still be street-driven. Especially not with FWD, goodbye axles.

Another moron with a Fiero this time was insisting that he had a twin-turbo 3.1L, and had his gas tank reduced so that the belly could accomodate a nos bottle. What a stinking pack of lies. I used to own a Fiero GT, and know for a fact that you CANNOT DO THAT. I asked for a look at his setup and he declined, because he knew I had his ~~~ caught in a lie.

And then today, a former classmate tried to make me look bad by spouting off engine codes to bmw m-series. Like a normal, knowledgable mechanic has the engine code for every vehicle ever made memorized. I just know the specs and what the car's capable of and what can be done to improve it. And then he went into Nissan, which I quite thoroughly know, and insisted that a S15 silvia does not have a 250hp SR20DET. Uh, no, it does. I know what it takes to kick ~~~ at autocross, I know what can be done to what type of engine and whether or not it's hopeless. But god, trying to make me look bad based on memorizations of engine codenames? what the ~~~~!? ~~~~ing punk jetta-owner needs to get off his ~~~~~~ned high-horse.

Ugh.
Sorry for the rant, just had to get that ~~~~ out of my system, the ~~~~~~~~ people keep spouting of as if it's fact. It's just so infuriating when you know you're better and people who don't know ~~~~ are trying to impress or one-up you. It's ~~~~ing infuriating.
Rant over.
In summary,
Hand that ~~~~ing ricer his ~~~, because despite the HP he's making, you've got the low down torque to nail him and can most certainly bury the needle quicker than him. Oh, and remove your spare and take any extra weight you can out of the car. And drain your fuel tank down to like 1/4 to maximize weight reduction. Let us know how it goes. Oh, and PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE be careful!!!!!!

Ghost

yeah, he's right
take it to the speedway and get slips to prove you beat his ~~~.

$20 run what ya brung thursdays :)

Sounds like a 13.9 Civic maybe. Far cry from mid 11's, but still kinda fast....what's your SC run?

Micah

I've not had it to the track yet so no slips... The race won't be on a public road(hard to explain..) but there is about a 1 mile flat straight involved so the race will be to about the 1/2 mile mark.. I'd imagine in 1/2 mile the s/c can get well past 100mph from a dead stop and i am sure that the top speed f my stock geared car is well past what a honda will do.. Every honda i've ever drove/owned fast or slow had no balls past 95/100mph.. Prelude SI i used to have would go 130 but once you hit 100mph it was slow as crap and took forever to accelerate seemed like they are geared out of there tourque range when you get going that fast.. My car accelerates hard untill you have to go to O/D ( i believe 120mph ish when i run out of gear in 3rd)

Well this sucks.. After getting the s/c sideways for about 50' in front of this guy all the sudden he doesen't want to race anymore!! what a looser! he says he will do it only if the builder of the stupid POS drives it for him.. Which is getting aranged but it really p-d off a bunch of people pecause he talked all this crap and chickened out when he realized that and s/c isn't a slow piece of crap.. But its fine this dude cant come drive the stupid thing till next week by then i will have my 5% pulley on so i can beat him even worse..

Back