SW MI mini-meet

T

Tom Champagne

SW MI mini-meet

To all who attended today...Mark,Steve,Scott,Chris,Darek,Rick(and friends)..despite the rain and chilly temps,I had a blast!! I'm VERY glad that I didn't sell...gives me a good reason to hang with yous..to bad I had to turn 30K on the way home...so much for my ultra low mile SC...looking forward to getting together again soon..

Re: SW MI mini-meet

good to hear that your keeping it tom :)

sorry i didnt make it today, my sc is in the shop getting the vandalism fixed, the rockers repaired, and a paintjob down both sides :) it'll be almost as beutiful as yours when its done :)

hey tom, you wanna go to carlisle? you could drive out there or ride out with me. or scott.

What NOT to do!!!!!!!!

It is generally considered a BAD idea to do a huge 2 gear, sideways burnout with a sherriff deputy coming toward you, less than 600 ft. away. They tend to frown on that kinda of behavior. Once again Scott Long was there to witness the event. When we saw him flip around, we beat it down a dead end side street (the only place avail.) & waited for a while. The cop went past the corner w/disco lights in high gear. A few minutes later we came back out of the dead end road, & SOB here came the same cop back down the road. He was heading back to my house, where all the SC Guys were parked in my front yard. Well, he flips around (again!) & pulls me over. I thought I was going to jail, when he asked me to get out of the car. I left the keys in it, so Scott could take it back to my place. Cop said that he didn't appreciate the way I pulled on to the road. Then he asked me what that was all about. I told him that all those cars in my front yard were my car club. Told him that I'd just had a lot of work done to the car, & the guys wanted to see what it'd do. Told him it was stupid & wrong, but I did it anyway. Then he asked why I had gone down the dead end road. I told him we were turning around to go back to my house. Then he asked why I hadn't turned in the direction of my house when I saw him coming. I told him, we saw you coming & figured that we didn't want to go the same way he was. Well, the cop says, that I had told him the truth & he doesn't hear that very often. THEN HE LET ME GO, saying that he didn't want to see any more of that kind of driving. I said, "Thank You Sir, I'll take it easy", & we drove off in different directions.

When we got back to my place, all the SC Guys were surprized that I wasn't in jail, & even more surprized that the cop let me go. I said more than one, "Thank You LORD"!!! on the short drive home.

68COUGAR

Re: What NOT to do!!!!!!!!

damn i wish i could have seen that, i wanted to get ryan to bring up his cutlass since my cars still in the body shop, but oh well.. ill see it next time :)

who is going to carlisle other than me?

Actually, I was thinking.................

about leaving the Burn Out in front of the Cop, part, to someone else next time!!!! I used up several lifetimes worth of LUCK today. No more LUCK left in the bucket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Takers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

68COUGAR

Re: Actually, I was thinking.................

well with the $ im spending on my sc this week ($2200 and half was out of pocket) im probably NOT gonna be doing burnouts any time soon with brand new paint all over the sides

Back