Auto headlights

ThunderDave

I'm still learning the differences between the 89 I have now and the 91 I used to have. The 89 has auto dimming and off headlights. I have it in the garage still and I was going to check the lights to make sure they all work properly before going to get it inspected.

The headlights come on and the lights will flash high beams when I pull back on the dimmer switch, but they won't go on high when I push the switch forward. Is it possible it's too bright in the garage for the high beams to come on.

I'll check the fuses, but I figured they were good if they would flash high beams when pulling back on the switch.

Thanks for the help.

throw a rag over the sensor (passenger side dash top) or you should have an adjusting wheel next to the dash brightness wheel on the left side of the steering wheel. Spin it off of automatic and put it at the minimal setting.

Do you know what type of switch it is AAD, BAD, or CAD?

I think the CAD switch is for the auto dim headlights.....

Did you find the correct COS processor?

Jake has one for sale in Florida.....

I remember when I had the car inspected the highbeams would not come on for the inspector. I had to cover the eye for the highbeams with an envelope from the glove-box. The eye is located right on the rear view mirror, turn the highbeams and cover that eye...should work for ya.

I'll try covering the eye with a piece of electric tape when I get it inspected. Could the switch or sensor be bad?

I pm'd Jake about a processor the other day.

I got the leak stopped, I think, I mean I hope. :rolleyes:

Ben, was the console lid not with the car? I didn't even think about looking for it and I gave the one with the red car to Eddie. If I can finish bleeding the brakes, I might be able to get it inspected Friday, maybe? :D

If you turn the auto dimming switch off then the high beams should work normally. If not then I would say the problem is a bit more serious.

It was the switch. It wasn't turning off all the way, but is now and the high beams work like they should. Thanks for the help.

Back