radiator cooling fan need help

ivan

Hey guys well I just fixed my head gaskets and replaced my valves and valve springs the hole deal thermostat the hole thing but now I found out why my engine took a dump my fan died on me so I replaced the box in front of the air filter and the fan now starts but not until it gets to R on normal and I have to start my AC for it to come on I wanted to know is there a way I can get my fan to start at a lower temperature or when I turn on my car please need help.... :mad:

Last edited:
thats perfect right there as it is the problem your having really isn't a problem the temp sensor comes on right above the optimal operating temp so you get the most power and smog efficiency. if you really want to you could try and find a switch that comes on at a lower temp cost you only about 20 bucks

What’s the name of the switch and were can I buy it. Is there a way I could re-wire my fan so it would start when the car starts if there is I would really appreciated if some one told me how?

Last edited:
welcome

ivan said:
What’s the name of the switch and were can I buy it. Is there a way I could re-wire my fan so it would start when the car starts if there is I would really appreciated if some one told me how?
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78285&highlight=ircm+switch
AND
JOISEY JIM said:
cut the #14, splice the IRCM end on to the #17. This way the low speed runs all the time and when the high speed is called for (rarely seems to happen with the low on all the time) it will disconnect the low speed motor winding. The low speed IRCM wiring is grounded when it's not running; whereas the high speed runs when it's grounded. Hence when the high comes on, the low will turn off. This works quite well in the summer, but some people have had starting problems in winter (probably don't need it anyway in winter) because the fan runs as soon as you turn on the ignition."

paul

Last edited:
hey paul thanks for the pictures and all your help. followed all of joisey jim's instructions and now my car is running great thanks for all your help:) :) tha pictures helped a lot thanks man

Last edited:
cool brother........literally...........:cool:
I just put in a new radiator from radiator.com and now even at 98 degrees the guage does not even get close to the 'N'...

paul

Back