Radiator drain plug strikes again!

Michael Mattix

SCCoA Member
The title says it all. That stupid little plastic drain plug that comes with those India radiator's stripped. Advance Auto had a oil drain plug that fit. For all those who buy/bought one, make replacing the plastic plug replacement at the top of your "to do" list. I highly recommend it. It took me 2 years to start leaking. FYI.

You don't happen to have a replacement part number do you? Mine did the exact same thing, exactly two years old too, but I just replaced it with another plastic plug.

P/N for Drain Plug

I a package at home. I will find it if no one gets the p/n for you. It was a metric plug, took me a day to find out because the threads were gone on my old "plastic" plug.

John

I don't remember the part number but the metric plug that fit was 12 x 1.25. Where I think the diameter of the plug is 12 mm and the threads per mm is 1.25 (I am really not sure on that last number). No more leaky!

The "HELP!" part number is 61110 and the measurements is what Michael quoted M12x1.25.

John

thanks for posting that part number. I wonder why it's not listed for a tbird sc? I wrote down the number as a just in case. I used a 12m-1.25x30mm botl with 2 flat washers and one rubber washer. I hold the coolant so far but will see once I use it again.

Back