View Full Version : Going back together with top of motor...major questions

06-21-2006, 11:11 PM
there are 2 pcv valves on the car. i am cool with that but they both have tubes connected to them and im not hip to how they are oriented. also i know where the guage, bypass, egr, fpr. but i wonder about the sqare sensor with a vacuum hookup that mounts to the inlet, in a springy bracket, right on the back of the inlet. where does it hookup to the vacuum? i have one broken hose. and all the rubber hoses that were connected to the metal PCV hoses is gone. i noticed there are 2 smaller vacuum ports ON these metal pcv hoses, where do they go? just the orientation of the pcvhoses would help greatly. Many thanks in advance

06-22-2006, 07:18 AM
One is a PCV valve and that's in the passenger side valve cover. The other is just a breather. The one in the driver side has a hard plastic line that runs from the drivers side valve cover under the SC snout over to the passenger side valve cover, where a rubber hose from the intake tube hooks up to it.

See if this picture helps at all.. it's hard for me to remember it all as it really just seemed to fall into place back there.


06-22-2006, 10:06 AM
mike.... you are the MAN!!!! i appreciate it. thats so much better than the crap on the autozone site. with this and a few other pics i have, ill be able to button this bitch up tonight. i really appreciate it.

06-22-2006, 10:41 PM
www.alldatadiy.com has really good coverage on the SC. Seems that Ford in general gives them pretty good info. That's where I get it from.