not reinstalling egr on a egr car. whats the best ticket?

22lbsofboost

i have a non egr eec. do i need to install it? i know i may get a CEL, but i can have that tunes out right? the hole for the tubes has been done away with on the manifold and the inlet. screw egr. i hate that ~~~~:)

You can hook it up like you always have just unplug the vac connection. No CEL and no problems as far as I know.

If you have a non-EGR EEC (probably needs to be same transmission and as close to your year) I would install that. Otherwise, just keep your EEC and keep the small black transducer box plugged in under the hood.

Without actually having the EGR doing it's job, your car will run slightly leaner under part throttle (because you just replaced the recirculating exhaust gas with extra air from the filter, however the EEC is still commanding the same amount of fuel from before).

WOT should be the same with or without EGR since it is shut off at WOT. Anyway, my point, the non EGR EEC should provide more fuel at part throttle so you won't be on the lean side. But either route will work.

Micah

thanks yall. im gonna throw that non egr eec in for the hell of it, and yes it is for an auto car, but since the cable operated aod has no computer functions, i am curious as to why i may need one from another auto car. this is what i happen to have im just curious as to why. thanks again

Back