Engine starts then stalls

BlownV6

I assume it's a vacuum leak somewhere. What's the most logical place to start? Intercooler tubes?

Last edited:
Hmm no pictures of the vac system but the best way to fill the coolant system follows.

1.) Un screw the burp hole ( sorry for bad terms ) located by thermostat

2.) Unscrew the drain plug at bottom of radiator (helps if coolant is cool)

3.) Put the drain plug back in after all coolant is gone

4.) Fill up with 50/50 glycol and water at the radiator ( Maybe more water for the summer)

5.) Once the water starts pouring out the burp hole you can screw it back together. Then put the radiator cap back on.

6.) Fill up the reservoir with a bit of coolant, keep an eye on it after a few engine cycles of getting warm and getting cold again and fill as necessary.

7.) That’s about it, a new thermostat and radiator cap is never a bad idea either but not necessary.

If there’s anything I missed guys let me know, I'm always wanting to know if theres a better way.

-B

Last edited:
90coug said:
Hmm no pictures of the vac system but the best way to fill the coolant system follows.

1.) Un screw the burp hole ( sorry for bad terms ) located by thermostat

2.) Unscrew the drain plug at bottom of radiator (helps if coolant is cool)

3.) Put the drain plug back in after all coolant is gone

4.) Fill up with 50/50 glycol and water at the radiator ( Maybe more water for the summer)

5.) Once the water starts pouring out the burp hole you can screw it back together. Then put the radiator cap back on.

6.) Fill up the reservoir with a bit of coolant, keep an eye on it after a few engine cycles of getting warm and getting cold again and fill as necessary.

7.) That’s about it, a new thermostat and radiator cap is never a bad idea either but not necessary.

If there’s anything I missed guys let me know, I'm always wanting to know if theres a better way.

-B

Thank you 90

Phillio99 said:
Seal IC tubes with RTV Copper
Check all vac lines
PCV line

This stuff phil?

rodi_1901_65729402

Back