need opinions of SC experts

Tbirdsc Colonel

Is it possible to run Dual MAFS? and dual IAC. I am pretty sure running dual TPS is not a huge issue but if you think it would just tell me im an idiot. The obvious reason I am asking is that I am trying to make more than one power adder work I have most of the plumbing worked out and some of the brackets. The major snag is the MAF situation. Sure I could get the Lightning 90mm MAF and Make a Y right after the MAF but I would much rather try to run dual. There are other issues I have to address but they are mostly Fabrication issues but thats just a matter of time and blood.

If you're going to be running dual systems that move the same volume of air, you could probably tweak the maf transfer tables and run one maf, and adjust things to just double everything, knowing that both intake systems work in concert.

idle air control would be a little trickier as it uses a pulse wave modulation to operate the system, so it's not all that easy to split things up. To throw a thought out there... are you sure you'd need both idle airs running to keep it idling? i'm thinking idle air on just one of the two intakes would be enough for idle to work.

Yeah I guess I could Just Idle off of one TB especially if I would have the SC before the scond TB then I would probably have to run a Blow off valve on the second system So when at idle it just blows out back pressure. So it looks like the big problem would be the IAC

Couldn't you run a standard chevy MAP sensor for signal to the power adder like they use for the vortech supercharger kits?

I was doing some numbers today and I dont think that I can just use the one Maf I would need two. They are not going to be pulling the same amount of air at any rpms. I believe if my thinking/numbers are right, one will dominate the other which would always leave of of them starving for air. Can you split the MAF tables up? Sorry that might be a dumb ? but I do metal fab and know almost nothing about the electrical sytem.
Thank you

If you want to do it, I'm sure it can be done. I was just throwing out one thought. If necessary I bet a company that makes MAF's could build a box for you that would take the inputs from the two maf's and create a single input for the EEC that it can work with.

My idea was just using the input from one math and just double all the numbers.

Back