PCV valve help

takotruckin

ok, so ive decided my car needs a pcv system. i called up ford, they said the valve is discontinued, so i tried my local carquest, he found one for an sc, it is a straight piece about 1 inch tall, with a threaded end, and a bung on one end, for like a grommet. problem is, it is too small for the grommets in my valve covers. does this sound like the right pcv valve? if not, anyone know where i can get one?

thanks

No threads, the one you want looks more like this picture. It's a bad example, try and get a motorcraft one if you can.

pcv.jpg

Last edited:
If you're talking about the one on the passenger valve cover (on an SC), I got mine at a mercury dealer. You can get them from autozone but I've heard to stick with the motorcraft one. The one on the driver side can be replaced with a small breather filter. That may be the one that's discontinued though. It's just an elbow that attaches to a vacuum hose that goes to the intake tube. Is this for your Baja buggy?

yep, its for the baja
so, should i still be able to ge the pcv at a dealer? i should probably call back, they dont have their act together all the time at the parts counter

here's the most recent pic of the car, btw, this thing hauls ~~~
283818.jpg

Yeah try the merc dealer for the 89-90 supercharged XR7s. They had to order mine but it was only a day or too and it's Motorcraft. That thing looks like a blast!

it was, for an hour... got air (1-2 ft) at 40-45 mph, stripped my torsion housing out on the drivers side, drove it back to camp 1 or two miles with the tire rubbing on the fenderwell. just getting it drivable after extensive rear suspension mods

When I got mine at the dealer a few months ago I was told that they were about to be discontinued. Some of the cheepo aftermarket ones dont seal under boost and then you endup boosting your crankcase too.

Back