93 5-speed shudders in reverse

ruswin

The 94 5-speed I just bought was just wrecked by a transport company... guess it is time to get busy on my 93 restore... I already looked up other threads on the problem I am having, but there was not a definative answer.

My problem seems to be pointing to motor / trans mounts. The motor was just rebuilt and reinstalled with new motor mounts, it shudders hard when I let up the clutch especially in reverse and also a little bit when taking right turns in first gear. When I pulled the motor to rebuild, I found the passenger side solid motor mount that was about 1 1/2 years old broken in half. I replaced them with hydraulic 700 miles ago because I did not like the harsh vibration from the solids.
1) The trans mount was replaced with a solid about 3 years ago, could that have also failed and be the problem?
2) What is the chances of a brand new hydraulic motor mount failing within 700 miles?

Even now, the solid trans mount seem to rattle my fillings under hard accel. I am thinking I need to drop the trans support and check the mount first. Whata ya'll think?:rolleyes:

Huh? Just asking if I should be checking anything else first and to find out other's experiance with the solid mounts. I thought the idea of posting a problem was to get a answer and to get a good thread established that can help future searchers find the correct answer. I am wrong? :confused:

Re: Solid Engine Mounts

ruswin said:
Huh? Just asking if I should be checking anything else first and to find out other's experiance with the solid mounts.
You will not find anybody who will say anything AGAINST solid mounts!!!!! However you will find many people with OEM motor mounts that are Ripped in half!

BTDT Twice!!!!!

68COUGAR

Back