dyno,inc on birdneck

nickleman60

stopped down there this morning and talked to them.it's now $50 for 3 pulls plus they can do full 1/4 mile times.they have a pro tree in there for the 1/4 starts and they're also set up for all wheel drive.the dude said you can rent the dyno for the whole day for $1000,from 9am til 9pm.

You know the more and more I think about it, the more and more it bothers me .... my overall experiance with them actually wasnt good.

The only good thing was I actually got to see my air/fuel to see if I was spraying safley.

But other than that, I will now go to All Aspects in Chesapeake for my Dyno. Same price 50 bucks for 3 pulls with Air/Fuel. And Kiennan definatly knows his stuff.

I personally believe Shawn Lozy was looking to pop my engine that day I was at Dyno Inc.

- You see on the monitor that my power is falling off at 4600 RPM ... but still continue to take it higher all the way to 5400RPM on each pull?

- You dont let the car cool down between runs, just back to back to back ... .?

- You nail the brakes to stop the dyno from spinning, so you could do another run?

I was definatly excited when I got it done, just because I knew it was safe to spray ... but then it started getting to me on what actually went down and I never paid any mind until later after I left.

It may be a hike, but All Aspects gets my vote now, they also have a DynoJet, not a mustang dyno.

I think I need to return to the Dyno. My original numbers where 221rwhp and 326rwtq, that was with a 1992 M90 and a stock top. Since then I installed a 94/95 M90 with GTP rotors and a raised top. The reason I say this is Friday I went to FFW and made a few passes on the dragstrip. I ran a 13.93@102.6, I also stopped by the scales today and weighed my car, it comes in at 3460lbs with me in it. So with that said and a little of that math stuff.

The ET method
This method uses the weight of the car and the time it took that car to travel 1330 feet (¼ mile).
The formula is: hp = weight / (ET / 5.825)3

The Trap-speed method
This method uses the weight of the car and the speed at which the car completed the quarter-mile run.
The formula is: hp = weight * (speed / 234)3

Using the ET method, I come up with 253 horsepower
Using the Speed method, I come up with 292 horsepower

nickleman60 said:
i doubt you're putting out 290 plus hp but i bet that 253 hp is pretty close

I agree with you. I believe the 102.6 Trap speed was caused by a tad bit of tire spin.
BTW .......
The way I figure it a 75 Zex shot will put me in the 12s....... :eek:

you want to hit dyno inc sat. morning?i like to do mine even though it's not running just right but i don't think the dude at steen dyno'd my car right,plus now i've got the mp plenum,double i/c and nitrous.

Sat morning sounds good.
I do not have all those fancy parts like you. Mine are mostly old Supercoupe junkyard parts. :rolleyes:

sounds good todd,they open at 9 am so be over my house around then and if anyone else wants to go chime in and let us know.

called up dyno inc and made an appointment for sat. morning at 9:30am for the dyno.so far todd,john b. and i are going,anybody else want to join in?

nickleman60 said:
called up dyno inc and made an appointment for sat. morning at 9:30am for the dyno.so far todd,john b. and i are going,anybody else want to join in?

Wish I could but the Bird is still down. Just ordered the MP 10% pulley from Victor over at spinning wheels, so hopefully it will be here Monday so I can call John and we can get her back on the road! Amazing how much you miss something when you can't use it....:mad:

Shane

I finally pulled the heads off after the infamous Dyno run.......................

Last edited:
Back