PDA

View Full Version : Mustang hub swap

commonmanthemes
06-23-2006, 07:40 PM
What all is involved in swapping Mustang hubs on an SC? How much would it cost in parts? What effect will this have on the brake calipers, etc.?

That is, unless somebody can point me in the direction of some 17" FR500 wheels with our bolt pattern, preferably Ford-made and black, but any will do.

Thanks,
Ryan

nickleman60
06-23-2006, 11:23 PM
look up cudaz101 and see the rims he has for sale that are in the t-bird pattern.i believe he has the fr500s in chrome not sure about black.as for the hub swap it'll cost you about $300 or so for the 4 hubs, not including new rear bearings,cost of getting the hubs and bearings pressed in the knuckles.you can keep your same calipers and rotors just get them redrilled to the new bolt pattern.on the front you can get 94-04 mustang rotors instead of redrilling but the back will have to be redrilled.i did the hub swap and mounted 18x9 black saleens on 265/40/18 michelin sport pilots.

Dirtyd0g
06-24-2006, 09:13 AM
I am preparing to do this swap on my wifes car. You need front wheel bearings off a mustang (94 up I believe). They aren't too expensive to pick up new ones from any parts store. You need hubs off of an 02 up cobra those will come from ford somewhere around $100-150 for the set. You also will want to install new wheel bearing (if you are brave you can reuse you existing ones) in the rear. and you will need rotors either redrilled or buy ones that fit. I know SCP can get you rotors that are ready to go. When it is all said and done you are looking at having between $350 and $500 in the swap I would estimate. Don't forget if you do not have 92 up spindles you will need them as well.
Alan

nickleman60
06-24-2006, 10:32 AM
you're right about the front being 94 and newer hubs but the back can be 99 and up cobra hubs.i agree with buying new rear bearing because the old ones will probably get messed up removing them from the hub and knuckle.