PDA

View Full Version : car overheating and start randomly need help

justcompton
06-24-2006, 11:45 PM
i had the motor replaced and they were having problems with it overheating and not starting back up, finaly they told me they fixed it and i went and got it and brought it home and on the way home i noticed it overheating so i let it cool for hours and it starts but randomly what could be the problem, cause there is no way their touching my car again, the fuel pump turns on when i turn the key on and they replaced the ignition switch i just dont know what it could be, besides the fact that they put low grade gas in it instead of 93 thats the only thing i can think of besides the thermostat being to high of temperture

justcompton
06-25-2006, 08:50 PM
i gues i could make that a little more understandable, it takes a while for it to start and it over heats when i drive it

blue94sc
06-26-2006, 12:52 PM
I would check to make sure that your cooling system has been purged properly first. This is something that is missed with some mechanics that are unfamiliar with the quirks of the Ford 3.8 V6's.
Second, I would burn off as much as the low grade fuel as possible. While you are doing that stay away from the boost.
You may have a lean condition caused by either a vacuum/boost leak in the IC tubes, timing issue if the cam sensor was not aligned properly, or even a sticky thermostat. Also make sure your fans are turning on properly as well, both pusher (front) and puller (rear).
Good luck!
Bill

justcompton
06-26-2006, 09:31 PM
i checked the fan it runs but i think it runs randomly cause my radio turns on and off by its self it usualy dont stay on longer then a min

justcompton
06-26-2006, 09:32 PM
but theres another thing when it heats up it takes a long time to get hot like today when i drove it, it took about 30 min for it to get to the m on warm

blue94sc
06-27-2006, 12:33 PM
You may have a broken ground strap that is causing the erratic behavior of the fan and radio. My SC has a ground cable connected between the engine and the chassis as a backup.
As for the heating up I would definately check to make sure all of the air is purged out of the cooling system. My 3.8 mustant did the same thing. After putting in a rebuilt engine it began to overheat on my way to work. It was caused by air in the cooling system.
Bill

justcompton
06-27-2006, 06:08 PM
how exactly do i purge the system, and i fixed the radio and stuff with a fuse that was blown