Tranny Question

boostedthunder

Hi guys, Im new to sccoa i have an 89 sc 5 spd its been in the family since new. I bought it from my parents and have been driving it for a year and a half now, and last night second gear sincro seems to have went out, it grinds going into second with the clutch in but if you double clutch it will work fine. Was wondering if and f 150 trans would work or not ive heard it would but wanted to double check thanks in advance

I think they shift from different places. I have a 94 F150 with the M5OD R2 and it shifts from right on top. I believe the SC is a tailshifter. I dont know if it could be changed though. maybe someone else knows?

The 2 trannys are very similar but not interchangeable at all. You need new blocker rings for the synchros which will require a complete teardown of the tranny. It is actually a pretty easy tranny to rebuild. Southern Gear sells a rebuild kit for about $340. I've done it 6 times now and am about to do one again. Drag racing really takes a toll on them so I bought a spare and rebuild them myself.

Back