96 bird door fitment

allfords

I may be replacing the drivers door, my local junkyard has a couple of clean low mileage early 90's birds, will these doors fit? Will the door panels fit from the old door, what about electrical connectors, PW PM PL? The 96 also has the wide bodyside molding will it fit?

I had to put a door on my 89 that came off a 94 cougar. I believe all doors from 89-96 are universal, they just came with different trim packages. Please correct me if im wrong. Im not sure as to the wiring harnesses as we used our orignal harness. Hope this is helpfull.

Is your car a 96 ??

The doors are all interchangeable, but there are very slight differences.

The early style doors 89-93 have a smaller connector where the wire harness grommet passes through the door, so if you are swapping them onto a late model vehicle, you will need to enlarge the hole. Or if you have an early model, and use the later model, the hole will be slightly bigger than your harness.

The 96/ 97 doors have many holes in the door to hold the body cladding on. So if you want to use the late model doors on an early style, you will need to make several holes in the rest of the body for the other body pieces to fit, or if you want to get rid of the molding you will have many holes - so I wouldnt go that route. If you are using another door on your 96/97, you will need to make the holes for the door to hold the the molding on.

Otherwise, everything that mounts onto the doors and inside will swap right over.

Just a couple things to be aware of.

- Dan

Back