Need some help with Super Coupe/Mustang hybrid

SC95Stang

I'm down to a few little things I need to finish this swap, one is the balancer/ flywheel combo. I'm told I need to use either a 94-95 SC combo or the parts froma 99+ Mustang N/A 3.8. My questions are what is the difference between the 89 and 94 FLYWHEEL? Can I use the 89 flywheel and 94 balancer? Where's the best place to find a 94 balancer? Why can I not use the balancer and flywheel from my 95 N/A 3.8? Thanks.

one of our local members,roadhawg,did the swap on his 95 stang,pm him for some answers.friday he took it to the ford fun weekend in dinwiddie,va and ran it down the track for the first time.all 3 times down the track he ran 13.9's at 102 mph,pretty damn good if you ask me.

SC95Stang said:
I'm down to a few little things I need to finish this swap, one is the balancer/ flywheel combo. I'm told I need to use either a 94-95 SC combo or the parts froma 99+ Mustang N/A 3.8. My questions are what is the difference between the 89 and 94 FLYWHEEL? Can I use the 89 flywheel and 94 balancer? Where's the best place to find a 94 balancer? Why can I not use the balancer and flywheel from my 95 N/A 3.8? Thanks.

Supercoupe motor has a zero balance crank, so you must use a zero balance flywheel and harmonic balancer. You better off getting a BHJ balancer for 94-95 SC and use a set of underdrives or a stock size aluminum pulley that's zero balance. If your going to use the stock stamped steel pulley you will need to get it balanced.

Sorry...I don't know about the flywheels between 89 and 95, but I don't think the NA mustang one is zero balance and neither is the balancer.

David

Thanks for the advice guys.I accually talked to Roadhawg, unfortunatley he uses the Mustang bottom end where as I am swapping in the entire Super Coupe motor. I accually found V6Sprouts post on V6 power that explains most of this and will just be using the 89 flywheel and either a 94-95 SC balancer or 99+ Mustang. that will be a different battle, I just need to get the flywheel situated so I can get the new block in. Thanks again.

is this motor going into a v6 or v8 stang? how do the motor mounts match up and all the wiring how was it done? plus I have a aod if I put this in a aode car how will I get the tach and speedo to work or will I just have to swap in a aode? What stangs work best I was thinkin of a 99 up v6 car. thnx

Back