have a peck

justcompton

when my car stars up it pecks a little but when i make a right turn it pecks louder, but when i make a left turn it dont, theres oil in it i checked it but its like a quart to much, i dont know what the problem is

Check your motor mounts, the starter is probably moving the engine causing the oilpan to "peck" against your k-member. I would replace them like yesterday if they are the culprit. Repairing or replacing the oilpan is no simple task.

could be the engine-side bracket's tabs---
(dunno ~~~ they are called-those tabs that stick through the slots on the other half of the engine mount brackets, I guess they keep the motor from walking away totally??)
---clicking against the k member-side brackets..... but the motor would have to move alot for that unless they were bent or crooked. We just did a 93(solid napa tall suckers) and an 89(Victor's solid mounts) mount swap without issues....

it sounds more like a valve or a rocker, but i dont see how with a fresh motor and full of oil, but its only comming for the drivers side

wouldnt make sense that a rocker would peck only while turning especially if you can hear it inside the car. I'm still putting my bets on some part of the engine hitting the body. Those motor mount tabs could be the culprit. Both times I did motor mounts they didn't sit right, I had to bend them into the correct place.

its been said that oem fluid filled mounts can go at any miles... no one to my knowledge has busted solid rubber ones, swapp'm out for solid rubber ones, and dont worry about them again :)

but i just spent like 80$ on them like a week ago, and i told them where to get the soild ones for but they didnt listen, by the way them is the people who replaced my motor

It started the pecking after the motor mounts were replaced? Who rebuilt the engine, and what was rebuilt? Bottom end or just head gaskets? Both?

Back