will the side skirts and spoilers fit?

mredavis123

i have a red 1991 5 speed SC. i just had the heads done at a local shop and the car doesnt run like it used to but i still kept it. now the rack and pinion and/or power steering went out for the second time. ive replaced the balancer and water pump, radiator, hoses plugs/wires. i also had to fix an ABS problem. since i have another 1990 black 5 speed SC, i am done with the red one. ive owned this car (red 91) for 2 years and it has been sitting with one problem or another for at least 1 1/2 years. i was going to turn it in for the california buy back program (CAP). which will give me $1k for the car as long as it runs and meets other requirements. i plan to strip all parts that i can beforehand.

now my question is will the spoilers and side skirts fit on any year T-bird? or just the 89 - 93 ? i was planning to buy a t-bird with a 4.6L or 5.0L and maybe supercharge the v-8 and use the SC body kit. also will the 5 speed tranny work with a v-8 engine? thanx for your input.

Sell it to someone who will appreciate it

If you strip it, it probably won't run, so it won't meet the C.A.P. requirements. Also, doesn't C.A.P. require that you send the $1K on a brand new car? That's what I've read in some of the Gear-Head mags. My recommendation, Move outa Cali-Smog-Nazi-fornia, or sell the car to somebody outa state.

SpoilerS????? As in Plural of spoiler? More than one? Are you talking about the Front Bumper Cover? Does your car have an aftermarket Wingie-Thingie on the trunk? There are no original equip. rear wings on SC's.

68COUGAR

Last edited:
im talking about the front and rear ground effects. i wish i could sell it to someone else for $1k but SC's in good condition cost around $1.5 to $2k out here all day. mine has the rack problem, it needs body work and paint. not to mention the difference in performance after the head gasket job.
in the CAP forms it doesnt mention having to buy a new car. they just want the older ones off the road. i can strip all the leather seats and replace the drivers seat with a beat up one. they only require a drivers seat. they dont say the car has to be complete just have the state safety equiptment and able to drive 30ft. so if i dont strip it the wrecking yard will make thousands off the car.

the side skirts, bumpers and spoiler should fit without a problem
you should be able to match up the 5spd to a 5.0l. i dont think its a direct bolt on but it should be easy enough...do a search there's gotta be alot of threads for that swap. (i dont think the 4.6 would work without alot of work/fabraction)

why not part out the car? you might be able to make more out of it and your sc would be put to good use rather than just crushed..

thanx guys i solved the dilema i was having .... i bought another red SC. i bought the one that member SCROACH was trying to sell in the classified section. i didnt know he was asking $800 here but $1000 on craigslist. either way im pleased with the car. now i can take some time to figure out what to do with the busted rack and pinion. i really hate to see these cars get raped in wrecking yards. i saw a 35th aniversary once and wondered was was that guy thinking when he let this happen. i kinda felt guilty about junking it or even parting it out. like i said dilema solved. thanx

Back