PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel

cachethunder
06-27-2006, 10:37 AM
hi. This is a very stupid question.... sorry.:( I buy a used steering wheel in very good shape because my steering wheel isnt good. BUT I TRY TO TAKE OFF.... I CANT, I remove the screw but the steering dont go....:mad: . PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS:eek:

Quik95SC
06-27-2006, 10:56 AM
You will have to rent/buy/borrow a steering wheel puller, steering wheels are not made to come off easily, if it does you got very lucky.

You should be able to get one from Autozone from there loan a tool program. Usually $20.00 deposit or so and you get it back when you bring the tool back.

Good Luck.

Smitty

Ryan A Harris
06-27-2006, 12:55 PM
What year is your car? Can the air bags on the later models cause some trouble when removing the steering wheel?

Once I had removed one from a 89 XR7. I used the tool that has been mentioned. I was in the car, interior had been removed already. Seemed like I was cranking on the tool for a long time. The wheel would not budge. So I got out of the car shut the door, then BANG!!! the wheel popped off and broke the rear window. Be carefull when doing this, I got lucky I guess.