bad oil leak

dustin

hey guys i got a BAD leak from the front of the moter and its not the front main. it is just pouring out out. its dripping down off the oil lines down there. is ther a comon problem like this that anyone knows of? im headin out this weekend and i need this shiat fixed. i need all the info u guys got. thanks:confused:

Could be the valve cover gasket, oil pressure switch, or the oil pump/filter/cooler. Does it smoke under the hood when you come to a hill, stop or takeoff? Wrap paper tower around the oil pressure switch and pump, then run the car for 10 sec. The idea is that the paper towel with the oil on it is most likely the part that leaks. Dont wrap the valve cover gaskets though, you might start a fire.

I was able to see the leak from my oil pressure sending unit with a flashlight if you don't know where it is I can try to get a picture if needed. If it's pouring out bad like mine was you should be able to find it.

Kurt

i think it is the sending unit because evrything els on that moter is dry and new topend gaskets.

If you replace your oil pressure switch, might be a good idea to replace it with an actual sensor, I put in a pressure sensor from an 83 mustang with the 3.8. You might want a newer one however. I installed it carefully with a big set of pliers and only removeing one belt.

Back