question on purging radiator

When I fill my coolant system after having the system drain .

I have the front of the car on jack stands ,or just setting on a floor
jack.

Having the cars front jacked up seems to get most all of the
air out. And have the air bleed bolt removed from the thermostat
housing.

Then fill radiator & overflow bottle, run and recheck fluild level,
And check level again a couple days later.

Randy

Fill your reservoir, then open the bolt on your t-stat housing. It has a weep hole in it. Don't take it all the way out. Pour coolant into your radiator using a funnel trying to keep the flow continuous into the funnel so no air will be coming back out the funnel. Eventually you will hear air and then see a steady flow of coolant out of the bleed bolt. Once it's steady, close off the bolt and tighten it. Top off the radiator and you're good to go.

When I changed my waterpump I had to open the bolt on your t-stat housing after a couple of days to get the rest of the air out.

Just don't do anything while the car is hot. It's hard to remove air while the system is under pressure.

I do mine just like Jeremy_K says but I burp mine again when it is hot. Air under pressure gets compressed and combines with other air (thats why scuba divers have to decompress). Since our burp tube is the highest point (and known problem), thats where most of the trapped air would hide. I think thats also why there is a plastic shield on it so we don't get scalded. I just let it get to mid gauge and open it till it gushes out, give it a 3-5 count and close it back up.

Back