PDA

View Full Version : Need a good engine for my 89 SC, prefer in or close to NC

repoman27
06-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Just like the title says, I am in need of a good running engine to put in my 89 SC, It has an undetermined amount of mileage and seems like a head gasket is about to go. Temperature fluxuates, loses water, pressurized the cooling system, runs hot, and so on. Feeling like the car has at least 200K I do not want to just rebuild the upper end and I cant afford to do the lower end too so Im lookint to try to find a good priced engine or even parts car in or around eastern NC. PM me with what ya got and your asking price. Have cash and truck ready to go get it. I need me car fixed ASAP. I currently ride a bike 17 miles each way to work which is a real pain in the @$$ especially after working 10 hours a day and having to ride home in 95 degree heat. Believe me it lets you know how out of shape you really are. Someone please help!!!!!!

repoman27
06-28-2006, 06:53 PM
I found a great deal today I think. I ran into a guy who has a complete engine with all the accessories including the supercharger. It also comes with the complete crossmemeber and suspension. The car had 36K miles on it when a tree came down on the garage it was in and crushed it. The guy showed me pics and it looked like a really nice car. The drivetrain was pulled and put in his new workshop where it still is now. Its super clean and not a sign of any kind of leaks. Hes asking $800 for the whole deal. He used the trans in a 92 LX he has now but I pretty much get everything else. Plus hes less than 20 miles away

supercoupe1968
07-30-2006, 11:29 PM
good deal i was going to let you know i have both eng and auto tranny both for 750 or whole car for 900 i live in ga tho.