PDA

View Full Version : Some slight problems from my 93

06-28-2006, 01:44 AM
I started to notice a slight shudder when the trans was switching from 3rd to 4th. I also noticed a check engine light when the trans shudders or stays in 3rd.

I put the scanner on it, with the KOEO and KOER, no codes. I know there is a TSB out for this...with one of three fixes: Mercon V, larger tranny cooler, or calibrate. The TV cable is properly adjusted, and the pressures are within specs and there is Mercon V in the trans already.

This program I use at work to diagnose certain problems, IDENTIFIX, has 2 fixes. One fix is cleaning the MAF, or an ECT sensor. Does ECT stand for Electronic Control Transmisson Sensor and do the AOD's have one? If they do, does that sensor go out?

I have absolutely no knowledge with Auto's...I don't like em, but my wife does. All I know about auto's is to put an auxillary cooler and a deeper pan on them.

If anyone is able to help me that would be great.

Stephen

thirdbird
06-28-2006, 02:08 AM
Had a 4r7w with a bad upshift 3rd to OD shudder, that means the OD bands are shot. Mine was.....Hope yours is not, but it sounds that way....

good luck!

06-28-2006, 03:00 AM
dont say that...she's only got 47K on her. My wife will be pissed if I have to rebuild the tranny.

thirdbird
06-28-2006, 07:17 PM
pull the pan, thats one way to tell for sure!
there wasd friction material and some bits of metal when they took mine down. the amounts of these were small which was strange....
found-out later i was ripped off by the seller of the car.
I fix all my own cars after that incident. the tranny guy wanted $3000 to replace it. i told him to keep the car. he prolly fixed it and then made a grand selling it!
I had no choice at the time but to give himn the car in lieu of the teardown costs......

07-06-2006, 12:21 AM
It's not really a shudder, now that I felt it, truley felt it. CE light comes on, then goes off, while driving or sitting, idling. While driving, she feels like she downshifts, then goes back into the right gear. Once, she died at a stop sign.

Any info/help?