Dr. Fred cam .520" lift

Slysc

I'm selling my Dr. Fred cam. It's a .520 lift cam, 212 intake, 218 exhaust duration @ .050 lift, this cam ran great for me. I ran it with roller rockers and slighty longer pushrods. I ran it with comp cams 942 springs but when I bought it, Fred said that I could use it with the stock springs.

$100 cam

dsly@detroit.faurecia.com or PM on sccoa.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm not going to be able to sell the cam. Something unexpected came up. Sorry for the hassle.

I thought I would have to use the cam for something/someone else but it turns out that it is now available again.

So if anyone is interested, let me know and I will ship it out.

$100 cashier's check/Money order/cash or $104 paypal

It is a pretty mild cam, really. I was the first one to have this cam. Its a very torquey cam, with excellent drivability

Idle is noticable, but not too lopey.

According to the dyno, horsepower levels off around 5,400 rpm, so its a little healthier up top than a stock cam, and the midrange has a very flat torque curve.

I made 345.5 rwhp and 400 rwtq with this cam on lightly ported stock sized valved heads.

Its a great cam!

Jeramie

Does anyone ever get the feeling that XR7Dave seems to be an omniscient (and benevolent) presence that mystically appears with hidden knowledge from time to time?

:) Seriously, Dave, you've got an ear to the ground at all times.

I click the "New Posts" often. :p

It is kind of funny that I happened to be working on a car that needed a cam quick and Dan's was available and right for the application. Most of the cams I do have too much lift for the car we were working on.

Damon, I have a cheap cam available. It is a Morana "B" series, it has about .485" lift and 210 dur I think. It's available for $75+ shipping if you want it and it will work with 100% stock valvetrain.

Back