PDA

View Full Version : 89 sc 5spd dipstick

thebadz32
06-29-2006, 04:43 PM
i dont have one and i cant find one eaither anybody know measurements and the exact amount of oil this motor holds?

XR7Kurt
06-29-2006, 05:07 PM
The dipstick is 27.5". The add mark is .5" from the end and the high end of the full area is 1 3/8" from the end. The motor takes 5 quarts.

Kurt

brdman2
06-29-2006, 05:18 PM
The '92 SC I just bought didn't have one, either. Salesman said he was going to try to find a universal fit one, but I did some searches and found Millenium Ford in WA state (www.y2kford.com). Go to Parts, Order Parts and send request - they seem to be able to track down part # & source for many parts I've asked about. Part is Ford obsolete, but manager there found a brand new one w/ part # tag in a few days. We put some tape over the opening in the meantime to keep dust out. Part #E9SZ6750D, oil indicator assy. About $24 shipped to me in CA, if you're interested in a new one. It is longer than the 5.0 V8 stick. I'm sure that there are several people parting out cars/engines that could provide a used one if that's ok. I don't know if NA & SC V6's use the same stick
Manual says 5.0 quarts w/ filter change for all engines.

thebadz32
06-29-2006, 06:42 PM
The '92 SC I just bought didn't have one, either. Salesman said he was going to try to find a universal fit one, but I did some searches and found Millenium Ford in WA state (www.y2kford.com). Go to Parts, Order Parts and send request - they seem to be able to track down part # & source for many parts I've asked about. Part is Ford obsolete, but manager there found a brand new one w/ part # tag in a few days. We put some tape over the opening in the meantime to keep dust out. Part #E9SZ6750D, oil indicator assy. About $24 shipped to me in CA, if you're interested in a new one. It is longer than the 5.0 V8 stick. I'm sure that there are several people parting out cars/engines that could provide a used one if that's ok. I don't know if NA & SC V6's use the same stick
Manual says 5.0 quarts w/ filter change for all engines.

i thought these cars had deep oil pans? like 61/2 courts the person i bought this car said mine did or somethin

brdman2
06-29-2006, 07:35 PM
I'd hate to be around the engine if someone poured in 6-1/2 quarts of oil with no dipstick and cranked it over! This info is for stock engines - guess you'd have to determine if it's been modified with a bigger pan.

lowflying90
06-29-2006, 10:30 PM
i ahve a dipstick and tube. $14 shipped if you are interested.

jmpsu2@yahoo.com