open rear and wheelhop?

x182dan

If our 5spd sc's have an open rear would it still wheelhop just as bad? Or would the open rear make the cars not wheel hop?

Peg Leg

x182dan said:
If our 5spd sc's have an open rear would it still wheelhop just as bad? Or would the open rear make the cars not wheel hop?
"Holy One Tire Fire, Batman"!!!

68COUGAR

x182dan said:
well my sc spits nasty one leggers and it hasn't really wheelhoppped at all

Same here, my limited life rear made my head rub the liner with posi but now that the rear is trashed. It would lay a nasty one legger.

Mike8675309 said:
No, that won't fix wheel hop. But it would make sure you're slower while one wheel hops.

well then whats this wheel hop you guys talk about because it doesnt seem as bad as you guys make it out to be

If you don't know, then just be thankfull. It's a common issue with independant rear suspensions when the driveline is unable to absorb the shock of the tire slipping and catching as power is applied.

Mike8675309 said:
If you don't know, then just be thankfull. It's a common issue with independant rear suspensions when the driveline is unable to absorb the shock of the tire slipping and catching as power is applied.

I know exactly what wheelhop is but its just funny how all the 5spd sc guys say how bad they wheelhop but I havn't got any yet

Tony8470 said:
You dont have enough experience making friction with your rear tires then. :p

fine then give me a few days I will make you a vid. Be prepared tho the one leggers won't look to good

again, just count yourself lucky. What's the fastest you've run at the track? Maybe your down on power and just don't know it?

Though to be honest, my 89 was miserable with wheel hop. My 93 wasn't too bad.

Mike8675309 said:
again, just count yourself lucky. What's the fastest you've run at the track? Maybe your down on power and just don't know it?

Though to be honest, my 89 was miserable with wheel hop. My 93 wasn't too bad.

I just bought the car a couple weeks ago. All I konw is that it has stock suspension with replaced front and rear shocks. They are ARC shocks with around 20k miles on them. What does power really have to do about it? Won't more power=less wheelhop? I thought the fastter the tires spin the less they tend to hop?

Back