Greasable upper ball joints?

Treys92

Hey guys, quick question. I just had new upper control arms put on both sides of my car. Instead of using stock replacements, they put in greasable ones. Is there any problems associated with this? I thought we weren't supposed to use greasable ones on the SC.

Could someone please clarify? :confused:

thanks.

-Trey

I used some on a 96 cougar I rebuilt the front end of. The only drawback to them is you have to remember to grease them, and dont over grease them either. :)

every 30...300..or 3000 is fine you can't lube too often...yes you can use the ball joints with a grease lube fitting...If you over lube them just be carefull not to get any of the overfill on your brakes...clean it well around the joint before you replace the tire

Last edited:
Sounds good. Thanks for all the quick replies, I appreciate it. I'll be sure to keep them greased and hopefully i won't be replacing them in another year :rolleyes: .

-Trey

Moog on mine. Love em. Shoot a bit when it looks like they ain't all puffy any more.

Looking at the Motorsports ones for another. i'm guessing that Moog probably makes these too. Since the non-greasables were TRW (the same as OEM I took off).

Allen-

Thanks for the tip. I should be seeing those ball joints plenty, as often as i've been cleaning my new 18 x 9 Bullets. :D Hopefully I'll have some pics up soon. Thanks again.

-Trey

Common failures on the upper control arm joints are no the joints themselves, but the grease boots split. So fewer grease-ups would be better. However, some replacement arms now come with like clear rethane boots versus the stock rubber ones.

Jim-

Thanks for the clarification. What I recall being told is that the boot tears and allow debris and water to get into the actual joint and eventually cause failure. I beleive my new ones have a urethane boot, they are blue and don't look like regular rubber to me. Hopefully it will last longer than the 14 months of the last one :mad: .

-Trey

Back