PDA

View Full Version : 75MM TB Polished only

XR7 Dave
06-30-2006, 11:00 PM
If you missed out on the last buy, here is the next opportunity. Minimum 4, no maximum. Get yours now, not sure when I'll do this again.

Group buy is open until next Saturday, July 8th.

Please post here and get your money in.

Via mail:

Supercoupes Unlimited
6277 Scotland St.
Madison, OH 44057

Paypal add $5, use the email address in my sig or post your email here and I'll contact you.

Product will ship as soon as it arrives, meaning most people should have theirs in hand within 2 weeks.

Taz'sPGT
07-01-2006, 11:16 AM
What is the price for the TB and MAF by PayPal? I suspect that you need more for both items than you stated for the TB. If you decide that you would rather have it by mail, I can send a postal money order on Monday.
I will need the MAF calibrated for the 95 SC injectors. I understand from C&L site that the ECU does that?
I'm ready.
e.vonreuss@comcast.net

TwoToneThunder
07-02-2006, 05:05 PM
so for me to buy one of these i would have to buy 4???
im just intrested in one lol:p

XR7 Dave
07-02-2006, 05:18 PM
What is the price for the TB and MAF by PayPal? I suspect that you need more for both items than you stated for the TB. If you decide that you would rather have it by mail, I can send a postal money order on Monday.
I will need the MAF calibrated for the 95 SC injectors. I understand from C&L site that the ECU does that?
I'm ready.
e.vonreuss@comcast.net

The ECU doesn't compensate for anything unless you have a chip or tuner. But, that being said, yes we can get you the correct MAF to go with the TB.

The buy will go through as long as I get 4 people on board. So far we have 3.

David

Taz'sPGT
07-05-2006, 08:29 AM
XR7 Dave,
Sent the money, count me in.
Thanks again,
Ed

ipeefreely
07-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi Dave,

I'm interested for the TB & Maf. I'll need a Maf for 30# injectors. :)

How much more to shipped to Canada? (USD)

Thanks,

Jay

Vince_Hayduk
07-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Dave,

Re-reading the other lengthy thread about TBs, you said shipping was the same price to Canada. Is that still the case?

Are you offering the SS bolts/washers again for $5 extra?

Count me in for one; as soon as I hear back about shipping, I'll send the $ via paypal.

Thanks!

Vince

XR7 Dave
07-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Shipping to Canada via airmail is $5 more. I underestimated shipping last time.

Vince, I will include SS bolts if you send $5 extra.

Participants:

Ed........MAF(95 SC, stock inj) & TB - paid
David....TB - paid
Steve....MAF(89 SC, 60's) & TB - paid
Jay....... MAF (stock inj) & TB - deposit
Vince.... TB(and bolts) - paid
Andy..... TB - paid

Vince_Hayduk
07-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Dave,

Payment of $154 sent via Paypal. Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks!

Vince

tbirdaj
07-08-2006, 01:57 AM
I would definetly buy another one but wont have the money till next friday

XR7 Dave
07-10-2006, 01:53 PM
The order is being placed today. We have 6 confirmed buyers. Thanks to those who participated!

Tin-Knocker105
07-25-2006, 01:59 AM
What was the price and are they going to be available again?

XR7 Dave
08-11-2006, 10:54 PM
It has been brought to my attention that the linkage on this throttle body may be causing some people installation difficulties. It seems that the attaching ball may be a little too large for the SC throttle cable. Looking to see if anyone else has had this problem and what you may have done about it.

Thanks!

littleboylan
08-11-2006, 11:09 PM
I Had the same problem when I went to install mine, a little tool on a dremel took care of my problem, I just carefully grounded down the ball, just enough to were the Linkage would clip back on.

I have had no problems with it at all...

Mike

Dirk SC
08-11-2006, 11:33 PM
It has been brought to my attention that the linkage on this throttle body may be causing some people installation difficulties. It seems that the attaching ball may be a little too large for the SC throttle cable. Looking to see if anyone else has had this problem and what you may have done about it.

Thanks!

I had the problem but I ended up getting it on after some fighting.

deepbluesc
08-12-2006, 09:10 AM
I know, prolly not appropriate, but as an old Sailor, I couldn't resist. :D

Anyway, Dave is aware that I had the problem. What I encountered is that the throttle was binding after installation. I assumed it was isolated to the unit I received and was unwilling to modify the ball or the socket for fear of making one or the other unusable for anything else.

Mike8675309
08-12-2006, 01:27 PM
I haven't tried to install one I purchased from a different source yet. But I do know that the clip on the cable shouldn't be tight on anything once it's over the ball. It needs to have clearance to allow the throttle to move.

It should be difficult to snap over the ball, but once snapped it should allow free movement.

XR7 Dave
08-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Well, it seems that at least some people have had a similar problem. I have searched around this site and see that this is not the first time someone's had a problem with these TB's. You would think they would have fixed it by now.

If you are having difficulty with engagement of the ball into the socket the best solution may be to sand it down until it fits in nicely. As with any time you work with any throttle linkage, always be sure to check for free movement of all parts before starting the vehicle. :)

It is dissapointing to learn that the part doesn't work quite as expected, but then again when it comes to SC's nothing ever seems to work quite "as expected" so it really shouldn't come as much of a surprise.

xThunderbirdSCx
08-12-2006, 08:03 PM
I basically forced mine on, and havent had a problem since.

I did have a problem with the TB "sticking" open, or not returning to the closed position when i go WOT. It caused some panic for awhile until it stopped. I think it just needed breaking in.

littleboylan
08-12-2006, 10:19 PM
I figured for the price on these polished Throttlebodys, a little sanding was well worth the $100 savings versus the BBK.

So I would say that its not that big of a deal, and pretty much anyone should be capable of adjusting the ball to make it work.

At least they quit shipping out the throttlebodies with the Mustang linkage on them. So it looks like there getting somewere.

Mike

TwoToneThunder
11-16-2006, 04:56 PM
hey dave dalke is there a way we could get another buy going????

XR7 Dave
11-16-2006, 05:08 PM
hey dave dalke is there a way we could get another buy going????Email me. I'm ordering a couple others right now so if you want in we can work it out.

David