Multifunction Relay Location in a 94 SC automatic?? Need help quick!

rukkis

Ok, my Radiator/Fan relay went out, I think...the fan does not cut on when temperature rises...connected the fan directly to the battery using a manual switch and the fan works...so, I know the motor is not blown. I called Ford and they told me that the fan is controlled by a multifunction relay, part number: F78Z12B577AB . They told me that I need to pull a number off of the relay itself in order to get the correct relay for me. Does anyone know where this relay is located. And what else does this control since it is a multifunction relay?

Thanks in advance,
Sean McLaughlin
94 SC Automatic

That relay is right behind the passenger headlight and in front of the airbox. Hope this helps...

I recently had a cooling problem then all of a sudden the fan quit. I replaced the fan, the coolant sensor and the relay. The relay is right between the air box and the passenger side headlight. My gauge now never goes past the left side of the "O" even in the 110 degree Yuma, AZ summer heat. I use a stock 196 thermostat and the engine is stock, as well. Good luck!

Back