Supercharger belt replacement

Clincher

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to change the supercharger belt. I want to learn how to maintenance my SC and this is the first step. I am definitely a beginner. I would rather do this myself than pay someone else. Please help and thanks.

Lee

Here ya go!

Pretty simple and straight forward really. You will need an 18mm socket for both the SuperCharger Tentioner bolt and the Jackshaft Tensioner Bolt. It doesn't matter what order you remove the belts. Simply put the wrench on the tentioner and rotate it in the direction that eases the tention on the belt. You may have to adjust your wrench once you see how far you have to turn the tentioner to relieve pressure. The Jackshaft tentioner is a little farther down a little below the AC Compressor.

After removing both belts place the supercharger belt over the 2 pulleys leaving the extra up by the tentioner. slip the wrench in between the tentioner and the new belt and turn in the same direction you used to remove the belts. While the tentioner is at it maximum range slip the supercharger belt under the tentioner pulley and release the wrench slowly.

Then you can use the same techique to replace the Jackshaft belt.

Hope this helps and breaks it down enough for ya. When you get really good at it it takes about 5 minutes even with the car hot from running!

Good Luck and let us know if you have any other questions. Many folks here are happy to help.

Smitty

The only thing I would add, is that sometimes the supercharger belt is very tight and difficult to get over the tensioner pulley (such that the depth of a socket can make it difficult). So I use a regular 18mm wrench on that one.

Thanks for the help... I replaced it in about 10 minutes. It wasn't bad at all... to be honest, it was quite simple. Thanks again for your help!

Back