boost controller

nickleman60

can the boost controller be eliminated?i know they came on 89's but other years don't have them and i'd like to get rid of it but i don't know if you can

boost controller? this is the first ive heard of it...please enlighten me. can you turn boost down?

Boost contoller??? the only thing that controls boost is the pulley ratios for the supercharger.

on 89sc the boost vacuum line runs from the bypass diafram to a plastic box thing that's located on the drivers side up by the firewall.the box has 2 lines coming off of it,1 for the boost and 1 goes to another vacuum t-fitting.it also has a electrical connection on it.i want to eliminate it and run the boost hose to the inlet plenum likes all the other years.

is it this thing i have with the broken nipple?

Attachments

• P1010055.JPG
    P1010055.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 408
  • P1010056.JPG
    P1010056.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 347
birds4us said:
No, that is for the EGR.
Pretty sure that's the BAP sensor.

Just take the line off, leave it set aside, and go ahead and run the line from the bypass to the inlet plenum.

The way I did it.

Last edited:
i would eliminate the EGR but i cant get it out of the exhaust manifold:mad: :confused: its not cooperating and what else would i have to do if i deleted it?

You need a plug for the exhaust, a block off plate for the plenum and a COS processor from a 90 SC without egr, unless you don't mind the CEL staying on.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79110&highlight=egr

Make sure you spray plenty of WD40 or PB Blaster on the tube fitting on the exhaust manifold.

I recently deleted mine, I'm just waiting for the processor to be delivered.

As for the boost solenoid, I had heard there was one on the 89s, I want to delete mine too if it will help performance. Is it supposed to limit the amount of boost or something?

learn something new everyday on this site. Didnt realize that some cars had a boost solenoid. I'll have to check and see if my 90 has it

Back