Need your help finding a part

simonh

Hello,

My car is a '96 T-Bird LX with the 4.6 V8 and standard suspension. It has a cracked 'rear axle assembly mount'. I am in Ontario, Canada and the local ford dealers do not have a listing for this part. There is no part number available, or microfiche illustration. I am told this part was discontinued after 7 yrs. and the remaining stock sold to a third party. I have come up empty searching.

Much obliged for any help.

Simon

I'm in ont Canada as well Can you tell me a little more about this part and I might be able to help you out. Are you talking about the mount that holds the center gear housing up in place?

It appears to be the main mount for the independent rear axle. It is located in the vicinity of the differential towards the back of the car. It separates under load and makes a snapping noise. Sorry I do not have a part number, the parts counter at two local dealers could not find a listing or picture.

Simon

I think he's referring to the rear diff mount. I circled it in the attached picture.

-Rod

Attachments

• rear diff mount.JPG
    rear diff mount.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 80
Your dealer isn't looking hard enough. It's still available from the U.S. warehouses under p.n. F3LY 4B425 A. $67.95 is the list price in Canada. If they can't help you, send me an e-mail here at the dealership, and I can get it ordered for you.

cheers
Ed N.

Thank-you everyone for your help; Ed, if I can't get it locally I'll be in touch.

Regards,

Simon

Back