Daughters T-Bird What do ya think?

Quik95SC

SCCoA Member
Well here is my daughters 95 T-Bird. It was my first time completely painting a car. It was originally a Champagne color which she hated, but we couldn't complain about a "FREE" car from my parents. She was right there helping sand it all down and helped with the taping as well. She decided on the color and the stripes herself and even payed for all the materials herself (she was 17 at the time) I just had to provide the labor.

She wanted to get some responses on how it looks and if it looks OK for a "Chicks" car

Too Bad it is an LX model and not an SC, maybe someday!

Take care,
Smitty

Attachments

• P7040263.JPG
    P7040263.JPG
    282.8 KB · Views: 242
  • P7040264.JPG
    P7040264.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 191
  • P7040265.JPG
    P7040265.JPG
    295.9 KB · Views: 241
  • P7040267.JPG
    P7040267.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
No she is not in the service. I just retired about 2 years ago from the Army and we got the sticker so we could take it on post.

Smitty

Choice of car: :)

Color: :)

Body kit: :)

Wheels: :)

Paint job: Looks good. I liked the racing stripe except for the front, but its unique.

Cool factor: :cool:

Is that your daughter sitting in the grass in one of the pics?

How long did it take to paint? Did you run into any problems? Was that your first attempt at painting?

Yea it was my first attempt to paint an entire car. She picked out the Body kit from Xenon. It took about 3 hours to paint not including the final masking and taping. Had to do it at night because it is just too hot during the day in a non A/C booth.

Thanks, she is pretty happy with it herself.

Smitty

Looks cool but I would have probably brought the stripes all the way down.

How did you get those wheels so clean ?? Did you paint them also ???

- Dan

Looks damned nice. I like all of it, except the rear bumper, I don't much care for the exhaust cutouts, but that's just me personally.

It's nice to see a girl liking an MN12. My girlfriend absolutely hates mine. She describes it as, "Your ugly car."

Answers

1. Yeah that is a complete Xenon Body kit for a 94-95

2. The body kit was kind of an after thought so that is why the stripes don't go all the way down in the back.

3. As for the wheels those are the original wheels and tires from my 95 SC. I sand blasted, sanded, primed, sprayed 2 coats of GM white and 3 coats of clear. Very easy to clean now.

Thanks for the comments.

Smitty

Pics????

Pics of my daughter???????? Let me think of that for a minute...
Uh No!!!!!!!!!!!! Not in your lifetime or anyone elses.

She may be at the Shootout with me and my wife, but we will have to see how college work goes.

Thanks again!

Smitty

Check the picture of the passenger side rear of the car. Chick in a bikini top sitting on the grass.

I really am glad I don't have daughters... they wouldn't be happy with me at all.

Quik95SC said:
Not anymore! LOL

Smitty
Oh sure, all of you leg humpers made him take the picture down :rolleyes: :D

Anyway, the car looks good. Will that car be making the trip to the Shootout too?

Back