Water drip on drivers side?

Michael Mattix

SCCoA Member
Like the title says, on a 5/6 hour journey in 92 degree weather today, one drip of (what smelled like) water every 20-30 minutes would end up on my left foot. Man it was cold. I had the air conditioner on, but I was thinking condensation. I already did a search, but not much other than heater core/coolant leaks were the topics. Any ideas would help. I got under the dash when I got to my destination to check it out, but I couldn't readily find anything wet (another oddity). And knowing that the fuse box is up there, this can't be good for just "letting it go" because it's such a small leak. Please, any ideas! Thanks!

I think if it were coolant, it would have been hot. Maybe it was condensation from running the ac. I'd try running it again like that and see if it drips some more.

Yeah, I figured it was condensation, but I now remembered it was raining on the trip. Maybe it's the same thing that if I go through a car wash (once or twice in 9 years) I get a water leak on the passenger's side. I would rather have a leak on the side without a fuse box, but to me that's too much condensation. Shouldn't the ducting have drain holes in certain areas to direct condensation out of the cabin?

If it's leaking on the passenger side, the drain hole under the cowl could be clogged. Mine was on the 91 I had and it would drip sometimes during a rain or washing it. I pulled the cowl off and cleaned out the area underneath and never leaked again while I had the car. You might want to try that.

Back